A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Due to significant growth created by an ever-increasing client demand, we are looking to further bolster the team by recruiting a Unix Systems engineer.
You will be part of a dedicated team of server engineers responsible for all aspects in the management of Oracle Solaris & Suse Linux server infrastructure which includes both BAU and project activities. There will be an expectation of providing an out of hour’s on-call service and there may be scope for off-site working for part of the week. In return, there will some flexibility of working from home.
- Be responsible for overall Incident ManagementChange ManagementProblem Management
- Work within a dedicated on-site support team
- Support an extensive Sun/Oracle server environment.
- Support Solaris 10 & 11 and Suse Linux 11 OS environments
- Monitor services using Uptime environment management toolset
- Implement changes to the existing environment and implement new services
- Work within a defined SLA and proactively manage the team ticket queue
- Work with other 3rd parties to collectively support the same customer
- Document existing and new service environments
You will would ideally have skills and experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Sun/Oracle server
- Solaris OS 10, 11 and Suse Linux OS 11,12
- Oracle VM server (zones & LDOM) and Oracle clustering
- Experience of Uptime management software usefulOracle Operations Centre toolset useful
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build & maintain working relationships with internal & external customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products will be advantageous
- Systematic, disciplined & analytical approach to problem solving
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be a UK National and will eligible to obtain SC clearance
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise your needs with a flexible benefit package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile and more successful. Smart, tailored, technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.