An overview of the role
We are currently looking for a Unix Server Engineer to join the Unix Server support team. Within this role you will be responsible for the day to day management and support of a large-scale enterprise servers.
• Change Implementation – The resolving teams will implement changes to configuration items in accordance with the agreed change records.
• Incident Resolution – The resolving teams will investigate, diagnose and restore the affected service as notified by tickets raised through incident handling in accordance with service levels. (Diagnosis of hardware issues, OS software, Performance, Capacity, Locally attached storage).
• Problem Resolution – According to the problem management process, the resolving teams will prevent (re)-occurrence of incidents by eliminating their root cause.
• Configuration Administration / Virtual Machin Configuration Support.
• The resolving team will manage the day to day virtual infrastructure, including but not limited to: (Allocation/deallocation of Storage LUN’s through Virtual adapters, Partitions/Zones moves, Resource Pools and resource management).
• Non OS Backup and Recovery
• High Availability / Cluster Administration
• Fail-over tests as defined in the associated schedule.
• Enhanced Performance Management will provide a trend analysis of key performance indicators over a defined period.
• Conduct trend analysis to determine the expected growth.
• Minor/Dot Release Updates – The resolving team will carry out planning, installation and testing of vendor supplied minor operating system upgrades within vendor’s current supportability matrix.
• Security and Regulatory Compliance Management. Service will be delivered in compliance with client specific security and regulatory standards, i.e. SOX, ISO27001, FDA, etc.
• Print Queue Management
• Server Technicians are required to work to a shift pattern that spans 08:00 – 18:00. This is also a requirement for on-call support and out of hours work.
• SC Clearance Eligible or NPPV2.
• Support for UNIX e.g. HP-UX, Sun Solaris, IBM AIX, etc. and associated server hardware support with the help of OEM or 3rd party vendors.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.