Hybrid working, remote with occasional travel to our North West office site.
The job on offer
We are currently looking for a Linux/Unix Engineer to join the server support team. As part of this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and support of a large-scale enterprise servers.
This role will involve proactively maintaining and developing all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service, including:
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Maintaining best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Managing, coordinating, and implementing software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware
- Creating and modifying scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Providing input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborating with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Engineers are required to work to a shift pattern that spans 08:00 – 18:00. This is also a requirement for on-call support and out of hours work.
- Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator for 2+ year(s)
- In-depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, SUSE
- Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- Knowledge of HP UX, IBM AIX and Solaris – advantage.
- Experience of Clustering, Docker or Kubernetes – advantage.
- Experience of Shell, Python and Ansible scripting – advantage.
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
- SC Clearance Eligible or NPPV2/3.
Why Capgemini is unique
• We realise a Total Reward package should be move than just compensation. At Capgemini we offer range of core and flexible benefits and have a Peer Recognition Portal called Applaud.
• At Capgemini we don’t just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
• We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion