The job on offer
We are currently looking for a UNIX Infrastructure Engineer to join our highly experienced and very professional support team. Under direction from Tier leads and senior colleagues, the candidate will be required to complete day to day management and support of the server infrastructure. UNIX Server Technicians may be required to work to out of hours and participate in the on-call rota. Security Clearance is required and will be requested from any successful candidates.
- Management of the server environment / estates
- Pro-active monitoring, maintenance, and patching of the server estate
- Ensure services are delivered to SLA and KPI targets
- Maintenance and production of technical documentation to facilitate knowledge share and skills development
- Actively support and facilitate the capability development of other members of the team
- Service Delivery in an Operations environment
- Communication (oral, written)
- Time Management
- Ability to follow written and communicated Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative in out-of-process situations
Key requirements (exposure to):
- Unix Server Operating System/s (RHEL,SLES,HP-UX)
- Active Directory integrated Linux
- Virtualisation technologies (VMware vSphere & associated)
- Bash/Python scripting experience
- Network configuration and protocols
- Configuration management e.g. Ansible/Puppet
- Proven customer-facing skills
- ITIL certification or similar level of professional experience
- Previous experience working within an Enterprise-class infrastructure environment
- Working knowledge of Incident, Change, Problem Management systems
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technology
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com