The UK Category Buyer for Professional Services and Training reports into the UK Category Manager and is responsible in bringing a step change in savings/value (e.g., quality, service, total vendor value) of a minimum of circa 5% ongoing annual savings improvement or value contribution by working together with the UK Category Manager and local operations to deliver the projects and actions as agreed.
Main Purpose Of Role
To ensure that savings realization is achieved. For local actions, under the direction from the UK Category Manager performs strategic supplier management, helps users in the writing of specifications, runs tenders, negotiates, formalizes contracts, monitors supplier performance, drives continuous improvement and innovation of the suppliers, and measures internal customer satisfaction. The internal customers should be kept satisfied in terms of: cost, quality, lead-times and service level of suppliers. Drive simplification of processes, for instance, through annual or multi-year contracts and reduction of the number of suppliers.
• Ensure that the optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved, while ensuring quality and excellent customer service for Capgemini in his/her country.
• Contribute and support the business in the ongoing development of the purchasing strategy for his/her category through the introduction of leading edge and best practice techniques.
• Work with the UK Category Manager & European Regional Category Manager to ensure that overall procurement strategy and coverage, category plans and vendor management are in line with the corporate strategy.
• Develop a category plan(s) for their areas of responsibility to maximize spend coverage and compliance for both Capgemini and Capgemini Client spend.
• Ensure all procurement opportunities are investigated and realized where possible.
• Take ownership for implementing agreed global category strategies; developing, extending and changing it according to local requirements as necessary and seeking approval/commitment from the local board and key business leaders.
• You will implement agreed purchasing strategies; developing, extending and changing it as necessary; and working with the UK Category Manager ERPSTN to seek approval / commitment from key business leaders.
• You will review and support category / market data and associated spend data analysis for management reporting.
• You will work on maximizing spend coverage and compliance within the category for the UK.
Skills and Experience
• Several years’ experience (2+) within a leading edge company recognized for its purchasing excellence.
• Experience of at least one of the following categories;
• Proven ability to work in a logical and thorough way with ability to pay attention to details.
• A track record of achievement of cost savings. Additionally to measure and demonstrate improvements in customer service.
• Good communication and networking skills and able to work effectively as either an individual or as part of a team in a matrix environment.
• Must be flexible and have strong influencing skills in order to use both a facilitative and directive approach to “sell” method to customers and negotiate with suppliers.
• Strong negotiator able to negotiate on both an intellectual and relationship basis.
• Highly motivated towards achieving cost savings and corporate goals (i.e. commercially minded).
• Must have excellent inter-personal skills in order to become accepted in a challenging environment and driving change in a positive manner.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.