UDB Db2 DBA – 4 to 6yrs – Chennai
Job Description (Mandatory):
1. Good exposure to UDB DBA maintenance activities like reorgs, runstats, back-up, restore, expanding and reducing the tablespaces etc.
2. Experience in closely working with application performance issues in production environment
3. Experience in working with IBM for support / Raising PMR
4. Good hands on experience on UDB 9.7 & 10.1 versions
5. Good knowledge on Capacity planning & forecasting
6. Ability to understand and remediate production issues on fly and conduct the Root cause analysis.
7. Able to Perform Installations, version Upgrades & Fix Packs on DB2 UDB databases.
8. Exposure on DR test & strategies like Failover Clustering, Log Shipping, Replication, HACMP, BCV, SRDF and Mirroring.
9. Knowledge on ITIL Methodologies like Change, Incident, Problem, Service Management using BMC Remedy
10. Should have ability to work closely with IBM-PMR to resolve any ongoing production issues .
11. Assembling and coordinating project staff including on site resources and outsourced resources Support for Hardware Software Upgrade (HSR) involving AIX, Storage and UDB Upgrades at the same time.
12. Experience on DPF ( Database Partitioning Facility)
13. Working knowledge storage utilities like TSM & AVAMAR
14. Knowledge on performance monitoring tools like OPM
15. Scripting knowledge on Perl & Shell
Primary Skills: UDB DB2 DBA on LUW
Secondary Skills: Shell & perl Scripting