Who you’ll be working with
Alongside Application Services, Infrastructure Services and Capgemini Consulting, Core Services is one of the major UK business communities. Core Services is home to business specialists who support the UK business and the global teams based in the UK. Its aim is to provide both the processes and framework that underpin the business and specialist expertise to support initiatives.
The focus of your role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the central management reporting team of Capgemini UK plc. You will work as part of a highly performing team, responsible for managing and controlling the cost base within Core Services and how that is allocated between the rest of the UK business. Being part of a central function, you will have the opportunity to forge links with other disciplines, supporting the team on ad-hoc projects providing the opportunity to develop a broad knowledge base across Capgemini’s processes and systems. Alongside this there would be the opportunity to progress with your professional qualifications.
What you’ll do
• Working as part of a versatile team delivering Management Reporting requirements for central finance
• Ownership of monthly business unit Management Accounting providing analysis of variances to assist decision making
• Proactively seek to identify improvements to key processes
• Provide support and analysis including monthly reviews, annual budgets and Support Function Cost trends
• Develop opportunities to business partner with internal functions and across the wider business
• Opportunity to work closely with and help co-ordinate our offshore team
• Progress towards professional qualification, with study support available
What you’ll bring
• Entry level or part-qualified (ACCA/CIMA) with study support and training available;
• Experience of working in a management accounting team would be beneficial but not essential;
• Strong analytical and numerical skills; you’ll be able to work carefully and methodically with an attention to detail, but with a commitment to deadlines;
• Proactivity and enthusiasm, with a desire to develop, you’ll be looking to understand and challenge processes in order to drive continuous improvement;
• You’ll be comfortable working independently engaging others as required;
• Strong communication skills, you will be able to build relationships with both the finance and non-finance community within Capgemini;
• Must be highly skilled in using Microsoft Excel; experience with Oracle, Hyperion and Business Objects would be advantageous but is not essential.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Find out more and apply