An overview of the role
As an L2 Security Analyst you’ll work on our client’s site in the West Midlands as part of their Security Operations Centre (SOC) team. Our client has 4 shift teams working 4 days on and 4 days off. The early shift operates between 07:00 and 18:00. The late shift operates between 15:00 and 02:00. As a member of such a team you will swap between early and late shifts every month.
- Monitoring: Monitoring all technologies, data asset dashboard, sensors and services, and escalating security events and incidents within the SOC.
- Detection: Using your expertise and knowledge in hunting, as well as automated event detection of sensors and services, to identify any suspicious or malicious activity across the enterprise.
- Investigation: Examining events and incidents to determine scope, risk and severity, this includes determining what is happening or has happened as well as the root cause and the correct remediation activities.
- Remediation: Working with various departments in our client’s organisation to remove suspicious and malicious activity and traffic, and where required restore services. This will include making appropriate changes to guarantee that such security events and incidents do not reoccur.
- Review: As part of continuous improvement, reviewing all incidents to improve response processes and actionable intelligence. Where possible you will play a significant part in moving manual process over to automation and orchestration.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Cybersecurity generally and Security Analysis in particular. They will also have knowledge and relevant work experience that aligns with the following:
• Working in a Security Operations Centre
• Incident response
• Using SIEM tools and technologies (notably Splunk, Siemplify and Tanium EDR)
• Cyber hunting techniques
• 3 years’ experience of work in Cybersecurity (IT Security or Information Security)
• Good understanding of network architecture and corresponding security controls
• Applying defence in depth from an IT perspective
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative capability, attention to detail and ability to work in a demanding environment
• A high degree of flexibility and ability to multi-task, seeking guidance where necessary
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and written skills
• Ability to work as part of a team, including with colleagues in other countries
• A recognised professional certification relevant to Cybersecurity
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.