Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Job Title: QA Lead
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Remote till Covid ends)
• Responsible for leading test efforts and test resources including large, complex QA projects and multiple sub projects across functional areas or multiple systems
• The ideal candidate for this position should be hands on and will possess most of the requirements below
• This candidate should be able to give an example for most of the requirements below from previous experience
• Works closely and collaboratively with IT Business Teams internal and vendor resources to ensure that projects are delivered with quality by adhering to standards processes and procedures and applying industry best practices where appropriate
• Coach and mentor other QA resources and provide workload management support
• Drives and implements opportunities to uplift QA capability
• Understand that there will be changes to scope and adapt to
• Guide the QA team to adapt and move the QA delivery forward for changes
• Help the Project team understand QA effort and timeline variance for the change and be an advocate for correct QA processes
• Provide high level and detailed estimations for new work project current and future resource needs
• Ability to understand complex business and technical requirements
• Work with the BAs and developers to get detailed information on requirements and design to help the QA team move forward
• Ability to work with teams in multiple time zones and join conference calls meetings occasionally as early as 7 am Central time or as late as 7 pm Central time
• Ability to come up with test strategy and test plans create project QA reports create a test closure end of test report documents
• Conduct test strategy, test planning, defect triage and test closure meetings with various audience
• Understand Databases and data flows to help the team with set up of test scenarios data when needed
• Understand job execution in CA Workload and help the team run batch jobs when needed
• Be an advocate for automation
• Assess prospective automation candidates and provide guidance to project team on the benefits
• Once approved, work with the automation team to get it implemented
• Plan regression strategy and work with the team to execute regression for each project
• Work with PMs on time management and get allocation for projects
• Understands data, SQL, ETL and automation Selenium in this area
• Forward thinker understands new technology
• Team leadership is required but this is not a coordinator manager as the primary skillset
• Able to do hands on work but as an exception
What We Offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.