Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Job Title: QA Lead
Location: Columbus, OH (Remote till Covid ends)
• 5 years of strong domain knowledge and QA Lead experience on Credit Card Conversion project
• Good understanding of key functional areas of Credit Cards such as Acquisition Core Processing Disputes Loyalty Authorization settlement Collection 3rd part interfaces file transfers etc
• Proven QA Lead experience handling onsite offshore teams work with onsite teams collaboratively
• Experience in requirement gathering from existing Business processes BRD LLD and user stories and convert them into test scenarios test cases with the help of offshore team members
• Collaborate closely with developers product owner business analysts and other team members to fully understand the requirements and end to end coverage
• Ability to coordinate with off shore resources define the testing activities and assign tasks for subordinates
• Design Review the Test Cases documents conduct formal walkthrough and run meeting for test plan test cases reviews
• Work with project teams business owners and vendors to execute the project plan ensuring assigned testing activities are completed accurately and on time
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and support project managers in executing assigned project tasks while managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines
• Effectively communicate with all project stakeholders including superb presentations skills
• Hands on experience of mainframes green screens SQL database queries DB2
• Experience on test managements tools of qTest Jira Smartsheet
• Knowledge experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
What We Offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.