Hiring for Teradata DBA
- Managed and supported 24×7 production databases as well as development databases to ensure maximum availability of database resource for various applications.
- He should perform the DBA related tasks in key areas of System Administration, Database Administration, Backup, Archive & Restore Management, Performance Management & Reporting
- Perform capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning, Strategies defined for backup/recovery techniques, and problem determination and resolution.
- Managing the Production/Development databases in the following areas
- Space Management
- Security Management
- User Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Performance Tuning
- Performance monitoring using PMON and Teradata Manager .
- Exposure to Teradata tools like Teradata Administrator/Queryman/TSET etc.
- User/objects & access rights management as per Teradata Best practices.
- Exposure to backup and restore process using Veritas netBackup(TARA)/netvault/Tivoli etc.
- Exposure to manage the development/QA boxes.
- Exposure as an Development DBA.
- Well conversant with various ticketing system/production change request/ Teradata Incident management.
- Exposure to MVC,Capacity planning and performance Management.
- Exposure to troubleshoot the FastLoading / Multiloading/ FastExport/ BTEQ/ TPump errors, should be good at error handling.
- Exposure to TASM/TDWM
- Exposure to DWH Env (Knowledge of ETL/DI/BI Reporting).
Experience Level : 9-12 years
Thanks & Regards