Job Title: Observability Engineer,
Location: Remote/ Later may be asked to travel or relocate.
Travel/Relocation: Remote till Covid restrictions and then may be asked to relocate
Observability engineer will build and maintain solutions for getting insights on infrastructure and services supporting applications with focus on logs, metrics and application traces that improve Observability. Observability engineer will think about the problem end-to-end: automation of data collection from common data sources, store data efficiently in Application Performance Managing and Monitoring tool, render this information for the user based on the defined SLOs and SLIs and finally, focus on the actions, based on these insights.
Candidate must have hands on experience in Monitoring tools ( App Dynamics, Dyna trac, Splunk, ELK, Moogsoft, Sumo Logic) and experience in Application Performance Managing /Real User Monitoring, infrastructure monitoring and log analysis tool such as Dynatrace, Nagios, Sensu and Splunk.
• Design and build new features for infrastructure and services observability. Dive into new technologies and figure out how to best monitor them.
• Develop solution to implement the SLO/SLI requirements, including visualization of the monitoring dashboard
• Write code within the monitoring solution.
• Collaborate with other development teams, quality engineering team and documentation team to execute on product deliverables.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools in configuration management, deployment, monitoring and operations
• Candidate must have hands on experience in Monitoring tools ( App Dynamics, Dyna trac, Splunk, ELK, Moogsoft, Sumo Logic) and experience in Application Performance Managing /Real User Monitoring, infrastructure monitoring and log analysis tool such as Dynatrace, Nagios, Sensu and Splunk.
• 5+ yrs. of experience with DevOps, Continuous Delivery
• Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
• Experience in an Agile delivery environment
• Experience as a hands-on software engineer so you understand the core principles of the engineering work
• Experience supporting customer problems and communication
• Experience or interest in speaking/presenting at tech conferences.
• Experience in communication and organization in large, distributed teams
• A Bachelor’s degree is required
• Consulting Experience is a plus
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.