The job on offer
We’re looking to hire a Technical Director with the experience and ability to operate across multiple technology and business domains. You should thrive on variety and enjoy setting and leading the technical direction and driving operational strategy across a complex landscape. You should enjoy working closely with key senior stakeholders both from a Capgemini and a Client perspective, managing and building close trusted relationships and influencing the direction of travel. You will also be expected to shape new work, lead the technical development of commercial proposals and oversee the technical strategy and design elements.
We have roles available in the UK across a number of locations including Worthing, Telford, Southend, London (Holborn), Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle. Capgemini supports flexible and home working, but we are looking for people who are able to travel to client sites, are flexible in terms of assignment location and are prepared to stay away from home if required.
Reporting to the CTO, you will have experience across a wide range of technologies, develop knowledge of Capgemini offering, work closely with Technology Partners to foster a strong relationship and work collaboratively with them to put together ideas and solutions that benefit our Client. This experience is essential to influence and advise on the most appropriate solution options and to be highly credible with both our clients and senior internal stakeholders.
Some of the key activities of the role are:
• Strategic Roadmap Development
o Lead the development of forward views of technology and technology implementation
o Produce plans for future adoption of technology solutions to meet business drivers
• Technology Assurance
o Take ownership of Capgemini’s technology delivery to the client
o Define and manage an effective technology governance process that ensures the quality of solutions
o Implement appropriate architecture frameworks
• Client Relationship
o Build and maintain “trusted partner” relationships with empowered client stakeholders
o Establish regular business-led conversations to build a future plan with Capgemini capabilities at the core
o Lead the introduction of innovation within the remit of your client relationship from both a technical and a delivery perspective
• Technology Leadership
o Provide leadership to the technical people within your account
o Set direction, offer guidance and establish free-flowing internal exchange of ideas between disparate teams
• Business Development
o Contribute to bids and new client acquisition through being a Subject Matter Expert and providing bid response material
o Present at externally-facing events to cement Capgemini reputation and establish productive vendor relationships
We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate their experience across the following:
• Experience of senior client stakeholder relationship building
• Able to set strategic direction, technical scope and to build / lead teams of technical individuals and govern their technical deliverables
• Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills, in particular for technical problem solving/troubleshooting activities
• Collaboratively dealing with people at all levels within and outside of the delivery organisation, including partner and client organisations to ensure outcomes are achieved
• Issue management, prioritisation and ability to provide pragmatic direction setting which is consistent with clients’ longer-term strategy
• Team leading – able to work closely with interdependent projects and deliveries
• Strong people leadership skills
• Proactive and positive attitude
• Able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and adapt to changing schedules and priorities
• Ability to deliver under pressure
• Self-motivated and determined to succeed
• Demonstrate subject matter expertise in own area, can apply it effectively and able to apply logic across the board
• Demonstrate knowledge of how to integrate 3rd party products into complex IT estates, manage interdependencies between products and lead end to end delivery in potentially multi-supplier engagements
• A drive to deliver results and exceed client expectations
• Clear thinking and creative thinking in designs
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com