An overview of the role
As the Head of Technical, you will have the opportunity to work with IRM, part of the Capgemini group which works to defend organisations against Cyber threats. You will be responsibile to line manage a technical team, collaborate with manufacturers, suppliers and goverment regulators. Working closely with Sales and delivery, to manage planning, forecasting and resource analysis.
• Line management of the Technical Team
• Directly oversee recruitment to support the Technical Team as required by the Company
• Assist the sales director in any operational projects as required.
• Assist the sales director in pipeline analysis for the delivery of imminent projects
• Assist the finance team on day to day delivery which feeds into invoicing, write ups and overruns
• Work with sales and delivery to ascertain the ‘closed won’ work and how it should be delivered.
• Work with the PMO staff to project manage and assign resources in the most profitable and efficient way.
• Achieve budgetary targets through smart resourcing and planning.
• Oversee weekly operations meetings focussing on targets, planning and delivery issues.
• Manage capacity planning, forecasting and resource analysis and report these
• Take full accountability for process management and improvement.
• Collate and present reports relating to targets and operational delivery status
• Assist the sales director in pipeline analysis for the delivery of imminent projects.
• Training and development for the team
• Service line development
• Problem management
• Maintaining methodologies
• Support and Maintenance of ISO9001 & 27001 standards
• Oversee the technical environment
• Asset management of team assets
Why this role?
You’ll have the opportunity to put your mark on the company at a pivotal time in IRM’s intergration with Capgemini. Applying your breadth of knowledge and experience to a team which is at the forefront of innovation.
Founded in 1998, IRM provides visibility and control across entire cyber landscapes by combining more than two decades of consultancy with advanced technology. By covering all aspects of cybersecurity governance to automated threat intelligence, IRM supports organisations at every step of their cyber maturity journey.
Enabling organisations to comply with ever-evolving standards, legislation and regulation is a key objective for IRM; as cybersecurity experts we collaborate with manufacturers, suppliers and government regulators ensuring we’re abreast with the latest research and development. We assist organisations in adopting good practice from software development (including mobile and IoT) and applying it to the broader requirements of each industry.
• Ideally some previous people management experience.
• Ideally with some previous penetration testing experience, or wider cyber security delivery knowledge
• Proven experience in operations management and service delivery.
• Proven experience working in a consultancy environment and working with resource and matrix management system.
• Highly commercially astute.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Excellent attention to detail and experience preparing business KPI reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
• Prince 2 Qualification desirable
• PMI – Scheduling Professional desirable
• ITIL desirable
• ISO 90001 and process improvement and optimisation a distinct advantage
• Salesforce platform and Professional Service Automation software experience advantage
• Previous working experience within the cyber security industry a distinct advantage
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.