We are looking for an experienced Core Engineer Tech Lead to join our Digital Services Core Engineering team, in designing and implementing our next generation access control framework. In this role you’ll be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of new software systems for adaptation of business and technology changes.
Core Engineering engages directly with senior management development teams, technical delivery teams and architecture to ensure the successful design, development and delivery of technological based solutions.
- The tech Lead will ensure that software deliverables comply with quality standards and are completed on time, while knowing the skills and aptitude of engineers and assign tasks accordingly.
- You will contribute to and directing the efforts of development teams, including internal and external team members.
- Design develop modify implement and support authorization components anywhere in our stack.
- Remain current on new technologies and development practices. Evaluate and make recommendations as necessary.
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling and staffing.
- Mentor software engineers to allow for skilled knowledge development through advice, coaching and example.
- Determine process improvements, best practices and develop new ones.
- Work in close partnership with cross functional teams and management.
- Validating the functionality and security of the application.
- Writing clean scalable Java code or Kotlin.
- Prioritizing and distributing software development tasks.
- Analysing system and user requirements for the software product.
- You should be able to drive the software change and release management process, assisting with the overall maturity of its development lifecycle.
- You will have an in-depth knowledge of programming languages and outstanding architectural skills.
- Excellent organizational communication and leadership skills.
- Previous experience working as a Senior Java Engineer, Architect or hands on Tech Lead.
- Experience with software design and application programming.
- Proven experience in software development methodologies.
- Proven experience building complex distributed systems.
- Proven experience building and applying Access Control Mechanisms.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.