Any Base UK – (expected to work in Barrow 2 to 3 days a week)
The job on offer
The Technical Architect works with operational and project teams to provide detailed designs and guidance on various aspects of infrastructure solutions.
The role is responsible for: –
• Producing high-level and low-level designs
• Providing guidance and support for transitions
• Transformation and delivery on a variety of initiatives such as: –
o SAN migrations,
o Datacentre moves,
o Server based computing and desktop transformation technologies such as VDI and application virtualisation.
• The Technical Architect also applies functional knowledge and technical expertise to design systems that support customer needs.
• To be responsible and accountable for the design of an integrated technical solution across all streams of a project or small programme
• To understand the technical problems, challenges and complexities that exist within each stream or area of a programme and be able to manage and/or liaise with other technical stream leads to arrive at an integrated technical solution that meets the business requirements.
• Promote co-operation, and where necessary, coach and facilitate co-ordination of all technical streams leaders of a programme to achieve the successful delivery of an integrated technical solution.
• Identifies, understands and quantifies technical risk and advises on strategies to mitigate that risk.
• Support the project / programme manager in understanding the technical risks, dependencies and issues that exist, be able to quantify these and the impact that they may have on the project / programme.
• Ensures that all the agreed business requirements to be satisfied by the project are implemented in the overall solution, are traceable and are compatible with the project’s technical architecture.
• Support the Solutions Architect to develop and enhance standards, policies/guidelines whilst driving adoption of standards.
• Perform audits, peer reviews and due diligence as required.
• Leverage and influence change programmes to develop/enhance the standards, policies/guidelines whilst driving adoption of standards.
Why this role?
How we work is as important to IT and Networks as what we do. We want all of our employees to work in line with the Capgemini Values, but your role is particularly influenced by:
• Being approachable
• Sharing challenges and solve issues together
• Having the courage to think and do things differently
• Not afraid to ask questions
• Always looking for new and innovative solutions
• A can-do mentality and approach to delivery
• Excellent communication skills, including presentation experience.
• Exceptional writing skills, including documenting solution architectures and support information.
• Strong customer service focus and attention to detail.
• Ability to travel.
• Demonstrable experience reviewing and creating design documents as a subject matter expert for infrastructure solutions.
• Technical design, configuration, and implementation expertise within large-scale Transformations and Migrations.
• Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience with infrastructure architecture, implementation, and support expertise.
• Expert technical and technical leadership skills.
• Technical risk identification and management.
• Planning and management of technical infrastructure tasks.
Special Requirements or Accreditations
• Required to work at the BAE Systems Barrow-in-Furness site as required.
• Have or be able to obtain SC clearance
• Be a sole UK National.
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com