Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Job Title: Team Lead (PL/SQL)
Location: REMOTE during COVID (Client location toronto,On)
- Analyze existing systems and proposed canonical model clearly.
- Document data flow including specifications for data flow models data flow timing data mapping and data transformation rules including data validations and controls.
- Leverage your understanding of IT principles such as data models database structures functions UI business rules technology platforms technology environments and software systems to analyze legacy source data as well as new platform requirements to define the conversion and reconciliation rules from legacy to new platform.
- Write complex SQL queries to analyze data and provide results to business users or project team members.
- Deal with ambiguity apply critical thinking to solve complex problems.
- Work in an agile development team adapt to changing requirements and business needs.
- Quickly assimilate complex concepts suggest solutions and influence their adoption.
- Create and deliver data documentation outlining the conversion approach business rules and timing of the system conversion.
- Able to understand the dependencies between components of data infrastructure.
- Define and uphold standards for enterprise data management structures and processes.
- Collaborate with business owners to optimize data collection storage and usage to maximize the value of information across the organization.
- Design and monitors holistic data governance structures data modelling and information management defining and enforcing quality standards for data assets coordinating cross business unit data collection and storage.
- Assist with maintenance of data assets and drafts policies to maintain its integrity.
- Skills and Requirements 5 7 years of strong data focused experience and 1 3 years of relevant systems conversions experience within financial services and insurance domain.
- 3 years of experience working with development team interacting with the client and other project teams.
- Demonstrated experience writing complex SQL queries to analyze data and provide results to business users or project team members.
- Demonstrated experience working successfully within an agile squad scrum and or Kanban delivery.
- Experience delivering data documentation artifacts in organizations of similar size and complexity.
- Understands drivers of data demand and how data is used and how data strategy supports Manulife s strategy.
- Stays abreast of developments in own technical discipline and able to recognize and translate these to own working environment.
- Good verbal and written communication able to effectively articulate technical vision possibilities and outcomes.
- Experiments with emerging technologies and understanding how they will impact what comes next.
- Able and willing to step into tasks outside of their own role if and when needed Strong SQL data analysis and problem solving skills Not a must but clearly a plus.
- Knowledge of group savings and retirement industries.
- Familiar with scripting technologies such as Python,Perlm PHP.
- Familiar with technologies such as Informatica MySQL PostgreSQL HP Vertica Hadoop.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law