Tax Compliance Advisor
An overview of the role
The UK & Ireland Tax Accountant will work in a tax team of three, reporting into the UK Tax Manager, and will provide tax compliance services across corporation tax, employment taxes and VAT within the UK region, thereby helping to maintain the Group’s low risk status with HMRC.
The successful candidate may be an ATT qualified compliance specialist looking to broaden their experience in a large corporate environment, or a newly qualified corporate tax advisor looking to make their first move out of practice. However, previous multi-tax experience is not a requirement as one-tax specialists will be given training.
There will be opportunities to provide support to the business in tax advisory and international tax projects.
Why this role?
- Preparation of all aspects of the corporate tax compliance cycle, including the preparation of corporate tax computations and QIP calculations
- Preparation of tax provisions under IFRS as part of the quarterly reporting cycle and year end statutory reporting, including liaison with the Group Tax and Group Consolidations teams in Paris.
- Preparation of limited PAYE compliance (e.g. PSA, P11D, and Form 42).
- Preparation of the VAT returns under Making Tax Digital
- Identifying and implementing process improvements across the compliance cycle
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Supporting the Tax Manager in commercial pursuits including tax review of commercial contracts and deal structures, advising on cross border tax issues such as PE, WHT and VAT
- If you’re motivated, enthusiastic and looking to work in a fast paced environment, this might be the role for you. You should:
- Have good tax technical skills, with a solid background in compliance, ideally with a focus on corporate tax. Multi-tax experience is not essential.
- Have excellent Microsoft Excel skills (e.g. competent in pivot tables, vlookup, “IF”,”SUMIF” formulae etc).
- Be a good problem solver, with an ability to work independently to see projects through to completion
- Have a proactive and enthusiastic approach to your work, with the ability to work to deadlines with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, with the ability to form strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Have an ability to and desire to keep up to date with changes in the tax arena and to communicate these across a variety of stakeholders.
- Be interested in expanding your career in tax within a commercial environment by taking on additional responsibility whilst maintaining a core technical compliance focus.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm