Capgemini’s in-house agency, EDGE Creative, has over 50 copywriters, marketers, designers and developers from a wide variety of backgrounds and nationalities.
We are looking for a System Administrator/Tech Specialist to join us and help us:
- Upkeep and configure the IT systems we use to create compelling and engaging web and mobile experiences for Capgemini and its clients – some of the biggest brands in the world.
- Keep our Creative and Marketing professionals stay productive by ensuring they have the right hardware and software at their disposal… and it all works like it should
Based in Krakow, Poland, the System Administrator/Tech Specialist will work in a global team with the industry’s sharpest and most experienced developers, marketers, consultants and sales teams.
At EDGE Creative, being a System Administrator/Tech Specialist means being able to
- Maintain the hardware, mainly Apple’s PCs and laptops and ensure suitable replacement solutions can be implemented quickly, without disruption to ongoing work or lost end-user productivity.
- Procure, maintain and administer software licenses – we’ll be looking for you to track the suite of tools that we have purchased and subscribed to, and to optimize our spend on future purchases.
- Maintain accurate records of all hardware currently in use by the team, who it is assigned to, usage, state and any upgrade/repair requirements. Our team uses a lot of tech, some is shared and some is assigned – we’ll need you to keep track of who has what.
- Provide end-user support, resolving technical issues and provides technical assistance on day-to-day basis. Your goal will be to help improve the productivity of end users by providing rapid, on-site solutions … rather than have end users held up waiting for formal helpdesk solutions.
- Manage and document system and storage backups. You’ll be responsible for refining and documenting our back-up process to blend on-site and cloud and ensure the team’s work is secure, and that productivity does not suffer is solution A fails.
- Be a contact person for our software and hardware providers – locally (in Polish), internationally and through corporate channels (English). We currently work with lots of providers – you’ll be our single interface into this world of tech support.
- Be a contact person for Capgemini’s Global IT Support team for troubleshooting and escalations. You’ll be able to provide our creatives with working solutions immediately, while you work on resolving mid- or long-term problems.
- Administer UNIX based infrastructure including patching, maintenance, backups and monitoring on daily basis. You’ll work to ensure the products we build are hosted in line with industry and corporate standards and that the team is able to perform according to all SLA requirements.
What we offer
- Working for an internationally recognized brand alongside experienced copywriters, designers and developers from both mobile and web.
- Interesting and stable job in a vibrant atmosphere as part of a truly international team
- Competitive salary with attractive benefits package
- A generous training budget and access to a rich range of industry-leading training resources
- Friendly, welcoming working environment populated by expats, recent grads and agency-seasoned creatives.
What you absolutely need to have
- Knowledge of Apple platforms, software and hardware
- Knowledge of Network administration
- Strong English – both written and verbal
- Knowledge of UNIX Server administration
- Technical university degree, comparable education or adequate job experience
What would really help your application
- Knowledge of programming
- Experience with databases
- Knowledge of MS Office suite