An overview of the role
Capgemini announced last year a commitment to becoming a net zero business by 2030. This is an exciting time to join a thriving global sustainability team and contribute to the development of Capgemini’s journey towards net zero. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring a wide range of stakeholders have the access, insights and information they need to make better decisions on sustainability. In essence, this is a role about using data and reporting to drive forward on-going improvement of Capgemini’s global sustainability (net zero) program, and to support open and transparent engagement with Capgemini’s external stakeholders.
This role requires significant stakeholder engagement, data and insights, project management and strategic planning skills. The successful candidate will bring existing reporting expertise to support Capgemini’s dynamic global sustainability program and thereby support the implementation of its carbon strategy to reach first operational carbon neutrality no later than 2025 and ultimately net zero across Capgemini’s full value chain by 2030.
• Oversight of Capgemini’s global carbon accounting program and carbon accounting system, including:
• working with Capgemini’s carbon accounting centre of expertise in India to ensure the right data and insights are being collected and shared to support our sustainability program and initiatives;
• identifying and implementing new ways to visualise our environmental data and generate fresh insights to support the global business;
• ensuring Capgemini’s approach remains aligned to best practice in carbon accounting.
• managing the relationship with our carbon accounting software provider, ensuring system issues and enhancements are addressed in a timely way.
• Overseeing the creation and distribution of sustainability reports, briefings and interactive dashboards for a range of stakeholders, ensuring data and insights are tailored to each audience;
• Developing relationships with our global network of internal sustainability leads, facilitating the exchange of data and reporting best practice, and ensuring that they are supported with the data they need;
• Managing Capgemini’s annual external environmental reporting, including developing the environmental content for our Universal Registration Document and Integrated Report;
• Overseeing the annual cycle of environmental submissions such as CDP, RE100, Ecovadis and DJSI, driving year-on-year improvement where feasible, and leveraging the results from disclosures to raise awareness and drive organisational change;
• Helping to showcase Capgemini’s reporting and data expertise through media platforms and events;
• Ensuring the data and metrics used in reports are material, current and in line with best practice;
• Driving enhancements in Capgemini’s reporting approach to ensure we are recognised for leadership in this space;
• Using the insights from reporting and disclosures to identify areas where Capgemini’s approach could be further enhanced and communicated with any gaps highlighted internally to relevant stakeholders.
Why this role?
Through Best-In-Class processes, we create new efficiencies using leading techniques, combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset. We seek focused and inspired individuals who have the special power to build the close, trusting relationships that are key to delivering the seamless and efficient transitions that Clients expect from Capgemini. This is an exciting time to join a thriving global sustainability team and contribute to the development of Capgemini’s journey towards net zero.
For this role we are looking for someone with demonstrable experience in sustainability reporting. The successful candidate must possess / demonstrate the following:
• A high-quality graduate degree, ideally an MSc or equivalent in sustainability or relevant field
• Relevant sustainability experience within the context of sustainability reporting, including understanding of key standards, institutions, NGOs, frameworks, forums, etc.
• Highly data literate – with demonstrated experience in interpreting, visualising and communicating complex data;
• Carbon accounting expertise – with demonstrated experience in preparing greenhouse gas assessments for organisations
• Analytical and creative – with experience both in writing good content and coming up with new ideas on how to bring data to life;
• Strong communication skills, with demonstrated experience communicating complex information in an accessible and engaging way;
• Thrives in a globally dispersed team, navigating multiple time zones and cultures successfully
• A skilled project manager, with experience handling competing deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment (much of Capgemini’s external reporting is delivered in four months of the year);
• Relevant experience in sustainability reporting or data management role
• Written and spoken French would be an advantage.
• Passionate about sustainability, with a desire to keep with the latest developments.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Find out more about joining Capgemini. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm