A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including upper management clients and other departments
- Analyze and provide data metrics to management in order to help prioritize areas for data quality improvement
- Leading effort to work closely with business and other IT stakeholders on requirements and tracking for changes
- Project management with necessary skills to influence and lead cross functional project teams in driving project timelines and support
- Collect data from multiple sources to review analyze compile and create standardized reporting
- Designing instructional documents such as FAQs and process flow and business documents
- Coordinate with colleagues to gather necessary information and data and provides guidance to ensure successful implementations
- Assist with business requirements gathering and analysis and writing business cases
- Creating communication material and working with various senior leads to collate
- Core Competencies Business and Data Analysis
- Process Management Project Management Agile or Waterfall methodology Microsoft office advanced excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communications skills
Title: Strategy Project Manager – BCM Emerging Markets
Location: New York City, NY
- Provide project management support to BCM leadership team by supporting day to day activities projects strategic planning and key initiatives that create unique value and work to achieve organization strategy and vision
- This role will cover project management and provide governance oversight across projects working with teams across operations recruitment marketing communications
- The role will involve working closely with head of strategy senior leaders regional heads and colleagues across the globe particularly in the emerging markets space
- This is a key role that will help establish best practices process management as well oversight on programs Ideal candidate will have experience working on strategic and people transformation projects as well go to market initiatives
- Candidate must be flexible and able to work across global time zones as needed
- Assist with go to market strategies executive presentations
- Managing transformation and people related projects and programs including monitoring project timelines
- Review existing processes and implement change management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to communicate with global users and assist in marketing campaigns
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.