Any Base UK – (expected to work in Barrow in Furness 2 to 3 days a week)
The role on offer
As a Storage and Backup Architect / subject matter expert, you will have a pivotal role in the following types of projects and roles:
- Private Public & Hybrid Cloud – architecting, designing, building and testing new storage and backup solutions. We work on large and complex projects, with peers from multiple technology domains (network, compute, monitoring, security).
- Data migration & transformation programmes
- Storage & Backup platform greenfield, refresh and upgrade projects
Working in Capgemini’s Cloud and Infrastructure Service as a Storage and Backup Architect and SME, you will be working in an environment that:
- Partners closely with all the major hyperscale Cloud providers
- Enables our customers to leverage the right Storage and Backup capabilities and develop bimodal operating models
- Fosters a collaborative working environment with clients, vendors, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions / projects for new and existing clients
- Operates at any point in the project lifecycle, from proposal creation through to the delivery of transformation projects
- Provides hands-on experience working with the latest Storage and Backup technologies.
Why this role?
The type of client Capgemini work with is wide and diverse in their nature, but here are a few examples of the type of work we do using Storage and Backup technologies.
Finance: Move desired to move away from large on-premises Backup appliance/ tapes / services to cost effective and readily available Cloud and hybrid backup solutions.
Automotive: Client wanted to move away from an expensive on premises backups and tape management in to automated, cost effective, speed of recovery (copy, restore) Cloud and hybrid backup solutions.
If you are the type of individual who understands the difference that Storage and Backup technologies are having on the market and the need to utilise and develop their Storage and Backup skills further, then this role could be right for you.
So, what kind of skills and qualities are we looking for?
- Passion for delivering innovative secure Storage and Backup solutions.
- Integration and analysis skills of different Storage and Backup tools
- Tooling skills for the maintenance, consolidation and migration storage and backup workloads
- Strong documentation/presentation & consulting skills; able to articulate an approach in design artifacts
- Have an understanding of the benefits and obstacles in moving alternative Storage and Backup solutions.
- Able to understand the need to secure data and able to demonstrate their use of encryption/delegation of admin/penetration testing
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion. Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini. Visit: https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.html