Capgemini is one of the
top 5 IT services and consulting companies worldwide, Capgemini was founded in
1967 and is headquartered in Paris, France. Operating in 40 countries, we are,
above all, a people company with almost 145,000 people across the globe and
2014 revenues over €10.57 billion. At Capgemini Financial Services, we are
passionate about bringing deep industry experience, innovative service
offerings and next generation global delivery to serve the financial services
industry. Our network of 24,000 professionals serving financial services
collaborates with leading banks, insurers and capital market companies to
deliver business and IT solutions and thought leadership to our clients
worldwide. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own
way of working, the Collaborative Business Experience™, and draws on Rightshore
®, its worldwide delivery model.For more information please visit
Type: Full time Job
Location: Chicago, IL
This opening is in Chicago,
IL for a Mainframe Programmer Analyst position. The resource will be primarily
working on the Client and Account data supporting Cobol API’s. He/she will be
required to interact with the Technical SMEs and the senior leadership.
Development duties will
include (provide as much details as possible):
- Participate in requirement gathering and analysis phase
of the project in documenting the business requirements by conducting workshops/meetings
with various business users.
- Conduct regular technical and functional
workshops/meetings to walkthrough the understanding of the requirements to
client business and IT community and identify the gaps and bridge them
with by providing appropriate solutions for implementation.
- Involve in solution definition phase of the project for
identified business requirements and providing impact assessment on TAP
application and its secondary and tertiary upstream downstream interfaces.
- Generate Functional design documents, detailed design
documents for the new requirements/enhancements.
- Address functional queries/issues raised by business
users by proposing right action plans
- Coordination with client business and IT teams and also
with onsite and offshore teams to ensure smooth resolution of all open
issues during the planning and execution of the project
- Interaction with offshore team to discuss requirements
and to ensure quality output
- Ensure quality documentation by reviewing and provide
feedback to offshore team
- Identify hurdles in project and schedule meetings with
corresponding teams to get the right attention from all teams to
- Ensuring to enable teams to timely delivery of all the
agreed project deliverables
- Participate in project review meetings with customer
and onsite/offshore PMO team.
- Ensure controlled change management of scope and other
- Update the project status to the Capgemini client
Coordinate with the
other vendors for query resolution.
Skill, Experience &
General information required:
- COBOL, CICS, DB2, VSAM, JCL (6 years plus).
- Strong programming skills with emphasis on SQL / DB2.
- Strong analytical skills
- Exposure to the P&C Insurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working on ADMMS projects in past would be an added
Disclaimer: Capgemini Financial Services and its
U.S. affiliates are EEO/AA employers. Capgemini conducts all
employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a
Vietnam-era, special disabled and other covered veteran status.
Click the following link
for more information on your rights as an Applicant : http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law