Job Title: Sr. Android Developer
Location: Madison, WI
Link to Apply:
• Android Developers to build mobile software applications as well as maintain and enhance existing ones
• Must have a strong desire learn current systems and demonstrated full life cycle experience analyzing developing and maintaining applications in a dynamic environment
• The ideal candidate is self sufficient can successfully collaborate with teammates and will exhibit a high degree of initiative in learning new technologies and methods to resolve challenges encountered during the development life cycle Must have native Android mobile app experience
• 1 A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
• 2 A strong technical background and experience
• 3 Strong collaboration skills Requirements 1 5 years of professional experience developing commercial Android apps 2 Strong Experience using Java and Kotlin with Android Studio 3 Expertise in use of MVC MVVM and other clean architectural patterns
• 4 Expertise in use of the Android SDK
• 5 Experience using third party libraries such as Retrofit and GSON
• 6 Experience with memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
• 7 Experience with Kotlin Coroutines for handling multi threading and asynchronous tasks
• 8 Experience analyzing and improving run time efficiency and memory footprint 9 Excellent problem solving critical thinking and communication skills 10 Experience with Junit and Espresso testing
• 11 Experience with Android Support Libraries and Material Design Principles
• 12 Created customer facing commercial apps and deployed to play store
• 13 Experience in developing app for phones and tablets
• Highly desired
• 1 Experience in leading and mentoring a development team
• 2 Knowledge of REST and SOAP web services and experience in working with other API s
• 3 Experience with application development with strong dependency of back end data
• 4 Understanding and appreciation for Agile development methodologies
• 5 Experience with the Serializable interface
• 6 Experience with CI CD workflows
• 7 Experience with Android Jetpack libraries
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.