Role: Splunk Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC (Remote till COVID stabilizes)
Employment Terms: Fulltime with benefits
Relocation: Candidate can relocate
- Looking for a Splunk Engineer to support our build out of a strategic operational monitoring framework for Big Data Platform
- The goal of this role is to provide high quality standardized monitoring solutions that leverage machine learning and ITSI components within Splunk to create meaningful dashboards that can be leveraged by platform support teams
- The Senior Splunk Developer will work within Platform Support partnering with development teams product owners scrum masters and with other technology centers of excellence
- Create Dashboards and reports using Tableau for production support key metrics
- Responsible for delivering automated monitoring solutions to improve platform transparency and service availability and stability
- Create Splunk dashboards that ensure platform resilience transparency and availability across a big data ecosystem Create scalable Splunk dashboards that align with key KPI s that move us closer to a purpose built solution that leverages AI predictive analytics and machine learning
- Create Splunk dashboards that enable our platform support team to predict identify and resolve problems within our ecosystem in a near real time manner Leverage innovations like ITSI to create best in class visualizations that can be shared across our platform
- Support and maintain existing Splunk dashboards that aim to improve the availability scalability SLA and efficiency of Core services platform and applications
- Solve problems related to the Core services systems and the buildout of automation to prevent problem recurrence with the goal of automating response to all non exceptional service conditions
- Influence and create new Splunk dashboard designs standards and methods for large scale distributed systems Develop Splunk service capacity planning and demand forecasting dashboards by leveraging machine learning and predictive analytics
- Troubleshoot and mitigate problems in mission critical systems by leveraging Splunk Serving as a subject matter expert for other team members regarding Splunk and ITSI
- Works with development teams to identify improvements in our monitoring framework
- Supports application Technology risk execution and compliance initiatives
- Create dashboards for production support key metrics and reports using Tableau
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or a related field and or equivalent experience
- 5 years of systems analysis and application production support experience
- 4 years of Splunk development experience with ITSI preferable
- 3 years of Tableau experience
- 3 years of Data warehouse Unix Relational database and job scheduling experience
- 2 years of experience in one or a combination of the following Agile Kanban or Lean methodology
- Expert knowledge and understanding of technologies related to infrastructure engineering
- Ability to identify report and solution problems in new and existing applications in a team environment
- In depth technical solution knowledge on installation configuration performance tuning and problem solving Ability to identify and correct system capacity issues
- Knowledge and understanding of incident management
- Strong organizational multi tasking and prioritizing skills
- Splunk Certification
- Good verbal written and interpersonal communication skills
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
What we Offer
- Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
- We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
- With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
- Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
- Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
- Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- `This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
- Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
- Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.