With almost 200,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of USD 15.78 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at http://www.capgemini.com. Rightshore ® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Job Title: Spark Developer/Machine Learning Engineer
Job Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Full Time
This is a requirement for Machine Learning Engineer for Wall Street based largest wealth management firm (client of Capgemini). The client is heavily using the big data and data science technologies to understand the data and use it for various purpose as sales and marketing, increased client interaction and providing cutting edge tools to business users to serve client better.
The candidate will be using his expertise on machine learning and data science technologies to help client to achieve it’s business goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Below are the expected duties:
- Analyzing the ML algorithm that can be used to solve the problem and choosing the one based on probability of success
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it
- Verifying data quality and ensuring it via data cleaning
- Defining validation strategies
- Training models
- Analyzing the errors of the model and designing strategies to overcome them
- Deploying models to production
Skill, Experience & General information required:
Basic Technical Requirements:
- Excellent understanding of Machine Learning concepts and implementation of ML processing using Spark – ML lib
- Experience in big data technologies like Hive/Impala, Hadoop, Scala, and python
- Kafka shell scripting
- Familiarity with data science libraries Scikit Learn Scipy
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law