Who you’ll be working with:
The role sits in Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) Global Business Line ‘s Cloud & Edge Japan Organization, which is tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery.
What you’ll do
The Cloud Solution Leader is a key role within the Capgemini Infrastructure business to enable our customers journey to leverage cloud and develop a hybrid cloud/bimodal operating model.
In this role the Cloud Solution Architect engages closely with clients, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions/projects for new and existing clients leveraging a wealth of previous experience in deploying cloud solutions.
The candidate will be expected to work as part of a pre-sales team in the proposal stage and then engage in the delivery of the cloud transformation project covering the design and implementation phases of the project before handing over to support and operations teams.
Requirement Gathering & Solutioning
Responsible for understanding and elaborating on client requirements and developing solutions that meet these needs in a customer facing role.
- Interfacing with internal teams to ensure completeness and relevance to customer requirements.
- Achieving “Trusted Advisor” status among targeted strategic pursuit and key growth accounts.
- Travelling and working hours which align to customer business as required.
- Defining the technical solution utilising best practices for Public Cloud architecture.
- Ensuring solutions are developed in compliance with established Technical Governance methodologies, ensuring a consistent approach to technical solutions and alignment to the Capgemini’s Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures as directed.
- Orchestrating and leading presales efforts inclusive of holistic
IT optimization, consolidation, and transformation solutions
for large customers inclusive of developing a strategy and
- Supporting sales to articulate Capgemini’s solutions, cloud
technologies, transformation and migration methodologies.
- Working as part of the Cloud Solutioning Architectural team
to deliver larger pieces of work.
Collateral management, optimization of recommended pricing, documenting pricing.
Providing input into the Cloud & Edge Strategy &
Developing strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders within Capgemini’s business.
Continuously keeping abreast of evolving technologies, emerging industry trends, developing Capgemini product & solutions, and demands of the enterprise consumer.
Solutioning & Public Cloud:
- Strong solution architecture background with expertise in Infrastructure and Applications.
- Focusing on architecting Public and Hybrid Cloud solutions, producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in a cloud environment adhering to DR and availability best practices.
- A deep understanding of AWS & Azure platform features, capabilities and how to optimise these for an engagement.
- Can quickly assess technical feasibility and develop proposals in line with customer requirements.
- Able to help shape transition and transformation strategies.
- Presentations skills: able to articulate technical and business value/outcomes to varying audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence in a client facing role. Ability to build relationships and trust.
- Proactive and innovative
- Process thinking
- Knowledge of data centre strategy, outsourcing capacity, utilization, disaster recovery, and migration & consolidation and best practices.
- Strong infrastructure experience such as virtualization technologies, operating systems, platform migration, data management and networking.
- Certifications in AWS to Architecture Associate level and Azure 733 as a minimum and. Professional Architecture certification preferred. AWS specialties also highly desirable. (Azure considered).
- Traditional certifications beneficial (RedHat, VMware etc.)
- Certification and/or experience in enterprise frameworks such as TOGAF, BCS Enterprise and Solution architecture also beneficial.
Expert in pricing Public Cloud Services:
- Use of Provider higher level services to optimize solution
- Selection of correct instance type, duration and consumption method
- Can estimate variable consumption charges
- Understand regional costing variations
- Able to make pricing assumptions to optimize cost
- Knowledge of Trusted Advisor and Cost Explorer
SLA / Availability:
- Ability to understand the cost drivers of SLAs
- Produce architecture that satisfies SLA requirements as a minimum
- Balance Cost and SLAs to influence decision makers
- Compare client requirements to Vendor position
Understand and input into contractual documents:
- Possess deep understanding of Vendor’s commercial terms
- Able to interpret terms imposed on Capgemini by client
- Determine whether terms are acceptable or not
- Understand flow-ups and flow downs for a given commercial position
- Quantify risk and suggest mitigation steps to minimise penalties
- How workload movement and flex-up/flex-down will impact
Networking on Public Cloud
- Understanding of Public Cloud networks topologies and recommended practices
- CCNP level skills
- Knowledge of BGP, IPsec, static/dynamic routing, IPv4/v6 IPAM, DNS, NAT, Express Route/Direct Connect and flow logging/troubleshooting.
Security in Public Cloud:
- Understanding of fundamental security principles and Public Cloud specific security architecture features
- Ability to take customer requirements, translate those into solutions leveraging the inherent security capabilities of the Cloud Providers and additional supplementary controls
- Knowledge of AAA, CIA, encryption and key management, PKI, federation and separation of duties
Japanese Native level and English Fluent level
What we’ll offer you:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.