The Solution Engineer is responsible for defining and communicating the components, their relationships and evolution over time for implementing a technology solution that represents an intersection of elements from Information, Application and Technology architecture domains, and addresses a specific business capability, opportunity or problem. He/She will be managing and planning the work before and during system implementations. He/She will be working side-by-side in a bilingual environment with the application, engineering and IT operations teams.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Capture explicit and implicit business and application requirements and transform into explicit infrastructure requirements
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance
- Ensure and demonstrate that technical solutions comply to local and global requirements
- Establish and maintain standards for technical deliverables and ensure all relevant stakeholders have provided necessary input
- Leverage and make best use of both the internal EI, AD and Business networks to ensure solutions meet expectations not only for the project but also for the corporate strategy.
- Define clear solutions, with clear pros and cons when multiple solutions exist and provide clear direction on how solution fits in with overall infrastructure
- Identify and document solution and limitations with solution, especially derived risks, issues, assumptions and interdependencies
- Ensure development of clear technical solution and technical context
- Drive process improvements by utilizing industrial standards to update or complement process and documents (e.g. TOGAF, ISO27000, ISO11179, ISO23081 and COBIT)
- Proactively act as single point of contact for global teams
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting edge technologies, including outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Educates, trains and provides support to junior team members on newly adopted technologies and processes
- Mentors others in best practices, procedures and concepts
Middleware (API Connect, DataPower, SSO, Siteminder)
Big Data ( Hadoop, Oracle, Informatica)
*Either of the technical background will be applicable.
The Day to Day:
- Act as main technical planning role within projects and reference focal point for technical project members
- Contribute to the demand management phase by managing the development of the technical scope, clarification of desired outcomes, accurate and realistic cost benefits analyses, and decisions required to finalize planned technical scope for project portfolio and projects
- Ensure technical solution either meets schedule, scope constraints and budget constraints or inform relevant stakeholders on what compromises need to be made.
- Involve local, regional and global resources to whenever possible in validating the feasibility of the proposed solution by incorporating not only the local business but all the global experience
- Ensure that non-technical project members and other staff understand the reasons for technical selection to ensure effective communication to the business
- Contribute to the project plan by defining the overall technical scope, requirements, tasks, interdependencies, risks and issues within design documents
- Ensure all items with significant operational impact such as technology new to our client or new ways of using existing technologies are identified within the plan design
- Reviews the technical design created by implementation teams and ensures its alignment with the solution architecture
- Ensure all technical governance steps required for project delivery are planned for and provided to correct stakeholders
- 10+ years of professional IT experience multiple areas of IT including areas such as IT infrastructure, operations, system integration and software development
- Experience in PMBOK based project management practices
- Worked as solution architect for Middleware technology stack (Websphere, Tomcat, IIS etc.)based projects .
- Knowledge on DevOps tools and Cloud technology (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with large scale heterogeneous multinational IT environments with 1000+ servers and hundreds of applications
- Experience with formal architectural frameworks such as TOGAF is a plus
- 5+ years of implementation and preferably operational experience with some or all of within technology domain
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management
- Highly motivated to learn new technologies and evaluate its application in our client
- Well organized and able to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects in a team setting as a facilitator and team member
- Outgoing, confident public speaker, not afraid to challenge the status quo
- +5 years of working experience in financial industry as nice to have
Any bachelor’s Degree in engineering/Technology, preferably in Computer Science/Computer Applications or any other related study or experiences.
Proficient in Japanese and English will be required, at least Business level both in writing and speaking
Work Location: Tokyo
People matter, Results count.（人にこだわり 成果にコミット）Apply now