Location: Northern Europe, significant travel required
The Focus of Your Role
As a Solution Director your primary role will be designing and owning the solution for large and/or complex infrastructure and applications deals for targeted/assigned customers. The clients will often be global and your deals will often be comprised of Infrastructure, Applications and Consulting / Transformational change activity.
You need to be a generalist with a technical heritage, but must have some experience of leading on Infrastructure Outsourcing deals where the target operating model is a next generation of Hybrid Cloud environments with the latest digital architectures.
You will be responsible for pre-sales for IT Infrastructure Management Services. This is for verticals such as Banking, Consumer Services, Manufacturing etc. This role requires a strong understating of the legal and commercial models that underpin and also help differentiate the creation of a compelling and differentiated value proposition.
What you’ll do
Support sales in pre-sales deal development engagements; work with clients and their advisors as a trusted advisor during deal shaping and beyond.
• Lead the solution pursuit team during the solution development process to ensure alignment with sales, client business and technology strategy. Develops technology and operating strategies as well as solutions, and benefits. Analyses stakeholders, identifies and recognizes prospect traits and determines how to effectively influence their decision.
• Understand customer business by actively researching customer to determine business issues. Identify and develop key differentiators during deal shaping and the bid pursuit.
• Acts as technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Solutions personnel.
• Understand what represents best of breed from a technology perspective in your customer’s vertical market / sector. Understand who the leaders are in this vertical / peer group and why.
What you’ll bring
Extensive experience in a technology leadership, governance and solutions pre-sales / delivery and business transformation in global complex engagements in excess of £50m.
• Experience working with solution/product portfolios
• Experience developing winning sales solutions and proposals
• Strong verbal and written presentation/communication skills to persuade others and present ideas/goals/outcomes through presentations, demonstration and written communication
• Ability to lead a remote team and integrate off-shore support
• Ability to lead the delivery of your technical solution though transition (if requested)
• Possesses a broad knowledge of solution and commercial competencies such as security, business analysis, applications and infrastructure architecture, service management (ITIL) and has worked in complex environments on many large engagements
• Experience of designing and leading the implementation of a Transformation Programme as part of multi-stream change programmes.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.