Job Title: Cloud Solution Architect
Location: Charlotte NC
Travel/Relocation: Remote until covid restrictions are lifted and then may be asked to relocate.
- The identified candidate will be responsible for Lead the architecture team in designing solution architecture for large application development and integration initiatives with our financial services clients
- Understand Cloud based strategies for system implementation and technical roadmap development Knowledge of Reinsurance Systems architecture i e Prima XL Sapiens DXC SISCnt or other packaged solutions
- Provide advice to clients develop solution architectures and take an end to end role in delivery of technology projects Interact with customer key stakeholder including the CIO CTO technology groups such as architecture and infrastructure as needed
- Build Solution presentations proposals and interact effectively with people at all levels within a team or client organization including CIO CTO or Application Development leaders
- Assignments will vary in duration could involve you in designing large scale architecture or leading the technology strateg
- 12 years’ experience on Cloud technology MS Azure preferred Portfolio Mgr preferred
- Architecting solutions for highly complex environments
- Architecting High Volume Low latency messaging
- Understand cloud based solution architectural strategies i e AWS or MS Assure
- Design and implement applications using Java related technologies
- Design and implement SOA architecture and integrating platforms using ESB or SOA
- Design and implement rules platform using ILog Drools JRule or Blaze Designing applications using Rational tool suite
- Solid understanding of OO Design
- Design Patterns Databases and Infrastructure
- Prefer experience in any combination of Portals UI Technologies Business rules engine API Development or ESB
- Good abilities in problem solving opportunity discovery and team resolution
- Experience within one or more financial services sectors Capital Markets Banking Insurance
- Prefer TOGAF Certified Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Approachable flexible and adaptable to change
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.