The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Digital Engineering provides customised solution services for our clients across Project Delivery, Software and Applications Development, Integrations and DevOps through a range of open-source, proprietary and emerging technologies. We are tech savvy consultants on a journey to deliver innovation and expertise to our clients. Join a collaborative team that is solution focused and empower each other to be their best
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities
Digital Engineering delivers cloud-based solutions to assist clients with their digital transformation journey and the role of the Solution Architect is to lead the technical delivery of a project.
As a Solution Architect your role is to take end-to-end solution delivery ownership of technology solutions that create business opportunity through innovation for our clients. As such you will provide insight, thought leadership and innovation to ensure that the solution meets the client’s requirements, ensure that the solution is designed for production and delivered efficiently, and ensure that the solution has integrity (is safe, secure and compliant).
- Building the architecture and delivery of complex enterprise software development projects
- Leading the technical design process coordinating stakeholders towards an agreed solution
- Providing leadership, designing solutions, ensuring quality outcomes and overseeing the development and execution of project delivery
- Building coolaborative relationships with stakeholders and working closely with the practice to identify further opportunities
Let’s talk about your capability and experience:
- 12+ years’ experience in IT covering Solution Architecture, Design, Development and Integration demonstrating the ability to articulate complex technical matters to non-technical individuals.
- 6+ years of Solution Architecture experience, including infrastructure, application, data and business domains leveraging cloud platforms to deliver IaaS, PaaS, iPaaS and Container-based solutions.
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks like TOGAF to define Business, Application and Technology components focusing on the link between business and application services.
- A Certified AWS and/or Azure – Solution Architect.
- Demonstrate experience delivering multi-tier, high-availability solution architectures in an enterprise cloud environment across technology teams working with Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies.
- Extensive experience in developing client roadmaps.
- Strong skills in negotiation, commercial awareness and solution proposition.
- Strong presentation skills, with excellent English communication capabilities, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional client-facing skills, able to perform, conduct workshops and meetings to develop client solutions.
- Experience in supporting pre-sales engagement activities, capability development, and leading the project delivery as per the project timelines.
- Clear verbal and written Strong communication skills
Australian Permanent Residents and Citizens will be preferred for this opportunity
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from. Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigenous, Parents and Carers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
#GetTheFutureYouWant – Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.