With almost 200,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of USD 15.78 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at http://www.capgemini.com. Rightshore ® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Capgemini America Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Title: Java Developer
Location: New Jersey
Full time role
• SOA (Rest/WSDL/XSD/XML)
• Spring (WS/IOC/Integration)
• Multi-tiered infrastructure including load balancers, databases, apache, application servers etc.
On a day-to-day basis the Senior Developer will work across multiple phases of software development within a project as a team member or dealing with the most technically challenging assignments. This includes:
• Working directly with business areas to clarify detailed technical requirements
• Designing, coding and unit testing the most complex software components for new or enhanced IT systems to a high level of quality, producing appropriate documentation
• Providing technical support to business analyst/project managers and coaching to less experienced staff across a geographically dispersed teams
• Maintaining an expert level awareness of relevant software design techniques, development tools and processes, providing leadership in the use of these across the organisation area
• Assisting in periodic system evaluation to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
Must Have Skills :
• 8+ years of experience designing and implementing end-to-end solution architectures for large and complex systems.
• Extensive experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), systems design, development, integration and executing n-Tier applications
• 6+ years of software development experience on a J2EE platform
• 4+ years of software development experience in standard J2EE frameworks that include Spring and Hibernate
• 4+ years of experience in Web Services design and development preferably Spring WS
• Experience with Enterprise Integration Patterns including Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and Java Messaging Services (JMS)
• Experience with caching technologies like Terracotta and Coherence
• Experience with continuous development and tools like Jenkins
• Experience using build technologies like Maven
• Must have practical experience with unit testing including deep understanding of Mock Testing Frameworks like EasyMock or Mockito
• Strong understanding of Agile development practices (Scrum/Kanban); “DevOps” including continuous deployment and TDD – Test driven development
• Ability to describe the overall function of several components in the technical platform
• Demonstrated very strong level of technical expertise both within own area of responsibility and other IT domains
• Has comprehensive understanding of full development lifecycle and is actively involved in all phases