With more than 193,000 people in over 44 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.539 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at https://www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law
Title: Java Developer
Location: New York City – NY
Full time role
Technology Skills :
• Strong foundational knowledge of JAVA in Multi-tier service based environment is a must
• Strong development experience in Core Java (1.7 and above) including Spring framework
• Strong knowledge of SQL.(Use of Sybase DB will be a plus.)
• Strong knowledge of XML and SOAP
• Experience in Spring Batch will be a plus
• Working knowledge of UNIX environments
• Working knowledge of Python (Optional)
Other Skills :
• Experience in financial sector is required
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with business users and peer teams
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a global team environment
• Strong team player with a results-oriented focus and a highly disciplined approach towards meeting objectives
• Flexibility to adapt to changing needs and requirements
• Ambitious and eager to learn new technologies and spearhead its adoption to take the platform to the next level
Education/Years of Experience
• BS Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
• At least 5 years of experience in application development.