With more than 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2015 global revenues of EUR 11.79 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at http://www.capgemini.com/
Position Type: Full time / Permanent
Job Location: New York, NY
Job Title: Java Consultant
• Experienced in Java SE 1.6+ Java Web Technologies- Servlet API, Struts / Spring / JSF
• Technologies – Experience with WebSphere 7.0 +, JDBC, SOAP, Web Services (XML, XSL, JAXB, and REST), Version Control Systems such as GIT/ Stash.
• Experienced in Database systems such as DB2, MySQL, Oracle & SQL server
• Experienced using WebSphere and Rational Application Development. Familiarity with Maven / Jenkins a plus
• Experience in Insurance Domain is required. P&C is a plus
• At least 2-3 Years of very good experience in Production Support and Ability to handle more than 2 Application families simultaneously (such as Consumer websites, Policy Administration system, Billing System etc.)
• Ability to learn quickly on new technologies and integrations and guide team appropriately
• Pragmatic, responsible, accountable, approachable, and proactive in work environment.
• High in communication skills, must be expert in client communications/ interactions
• Ability to Manage team of 6+ at offshore.
• Six or more years of experience in software design and development
Nice to Have:
• Experience Auto insurance experience (comparative rater/aggregator – like EZLynx, ITC etc preferable) is added advantage
• Experienced in using ACORD standards for insurance data exchange is added advantage
• Experience with EJB, ESB, JMS, SOA
• Experience in Interacting with Cross system Application such as Mainframe/ .NET and ability to read the logic from cross systems and provide solutions as required during high severity issues.
• Experienced in Continuous Integration and build test automation (Junit, JMeter, Jenkins)
• BS/CS or BS/EE preferred but will take experience into account.