With more than 193,000 people in over 44 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.539 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at http://www.capgemini.com
Position Type: Full time / Permanent
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ
Job Title: Distributed Systems Engineer
We are looking for a Distributed Systems Engineer at Jersey City, NJ with one of our major clients.
• Business capability and domain modeling, including an understanding of domain driven design, including modeling of events
• Deep understanding of different integration patterns and best practices such as events, synchronous vs. asynchronous messaging, peer-to-peer, Publish-subscribe, distributed logs and RESTful APIs
• Microservices topologies, including operational concerns such as resiliency, observability, discovery, and routing, etc.
• Enterprise security design in a Microservices architecture such as the role of Identity Providers and the Authentication / Authorization flow design
• Approaches to managing Architectural debt, Architecture governance and evolution in practice
• API lifecycle management and the corresponding technologies
• You can collaborate with diverse technical delivery teams to build service-based architecture to scale and innovate
• You can design and build user-centric API ecosystems to drive new consumer experiences and unlock business capabilities
• You can speak to various API business models, including internal ROI
• You can help executives balance scorecards and KPIs with the API platform in mind
• You have strong facilitation skills ensure alignment to architectural vision
• You can articulate trade-offs and drive high-impact technology decisions on topics including (but not limited to) IaaS/PaaS providers, container orchestration, service mesh, API gateways, and commercial vs. open source software.
• Have experience with, and understand how to lead, legacy integration and remediation (facades, strangler approaches, et. al.)
• Strong stakeholder management and interaction at different levels is essential.
• You can create and guide the vision for evolutionary architecture and adoption roadmaps for our clients
Disclaimer: Rightshore ® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law