Splunk Admin// hyd// 2 to 5 yrs
Splunk admin// Hyderabad// 2 to 5 yrs
The Splunk Engineer will design and optimize Splunk architecture for large-scale/distributed deployments. Establish and ensure adoption of best practices and development standards. Maintain a close partnership with Splunk on feature requests, upgrade planning, and product roadmap alignment. Implement and maintain Splunk infrastructure and configuration.
- Administering Splunk, install and configure within a single/cluster, disaster recovery, and high availability server environments
- Perform configuration management, license management, data integration, data transformation, field extraction, event parsing, data preview, and Apps management of Splunk platform
- Administers capacity and performance utilization reporting and forecast capacity requirements for IT components
- Experience in requirement analysis , application engineering and testing in real world environments
- Architecting and deploying Splunk Enterprise implementations in small to medium sized customers.
- Develop Splunk apps to monitor health of IT services including device, application multi-vendor environment, Iaas, cloud, SAAS and other services
- Consulting with customers to customize and configure Splunk in order to meet their requirements
- Design and customize complex search queries and promote advanced searching, forensics and analytics, develop dashboards data models , reports and optimize their performance
- Design core scripts to automate Splunk maintenance and alerting tasks, support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms – Proven track record of automating processes and procedures
- Maintaining a continuous process improvement work environment for monitoring , configuration standards and threat analysis and recommending and implementing new process in accordance with existing policy , industry standards and best practices
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as reports, training material, slide decks, and architecture diagrams.
- Spunk Enterprise Experience: 2-4 years architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing the tool, preferably both in supporting the application and utilizing the application for information security monitoring, incident response, and compliance.
- Ability to create visualizations in Splunk and custom queries to manipulate views.
- Experience managing Security tools in an enterprise environment that includes firewalls, IDS/IPS, assessment and scanning tools, endpoint solutions, and audit logs from various platforms.
- Knowledge of a scripting language and UNIX command line.
- At a minimum, the candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in IT related field.
- Splunk Administrator certification required; Splunk Architect certification preferred.
- Added Advantage : Work exposure to configure & integrate Splunk with ALM Tools
contact person: email@example.com