Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) – 9 to 12 yrs – Pune
– Perform and/or Lead a team of dedicated tests engineers in different locations performing functional/system integration testing and test automation development.
– Set up test environments and test harnesses.
– Participate in scoping QA test efforts.
– Write test cases and test specifications.
– Write automation and perform automated and some manual testing.
– Provide accurate information to the team's manager for status reporting.
– Work with Development to review new feature designs and validate test specifications to ensure they are comprehensively tested and meet customer expectations.
– Identify defects and own them through the resolution and verification cycle.
– Participate in the improvement of product quality and the quality process.
Background and skills required:
– Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science with 6-12 years experience in Quality Assurance, test development area.
– Ability to lead and work with local and remote teams.
– Ability to work independently and with remote management.
– Ability to anticipate questions that may be asked by recipients of reports and other correspondence who are in different time zones and pre-answer them.
– Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to function in a demanding environment; quality proponent; ability to assume the perspective of customers and their users and serve as their advocates.
– Excellent coding skills in a high-level language such as Java
Highly Desired Skills:
– Ability to grasp new product features early in their development cycle when documentation is often limited or non-existent
– Familiarity with automation tools e.g. Junit, Selenium webdriver and commercial GUI
– Sound knowledge of atleast one programming language (Core JAVA, Perl, Python etc)
– Knowledge of security related products and their usages
– Strong knowledge of software quality best practices.
– Experience with Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere and other application servers
– Experience working with GitHub
– Using JIRA for project tracking and Bug Tracking
– Working with the Agile Methodology
– Having worked on cloud based products/services
– Having created test frameworks and harnesses