We are looking for a Software Database Engineer
based in Zurich
On our teams, everyone counts – and we want your unique way of thinking.
You bring the talent, and we’ll provide the rest!
- Sharp and focused?
- Interested in working with technology to better business?
- An excellent communicator?
- Positive, creative, with a can-do attitude?
- Flexible, open-minded, not afraid to take charge?
- Highly collaborative yet results oriented?
- Eager to learn and develop in a multicultural environment?
What you can expect
- Being responsible for the transformation of Oracle to Postgres databases
- Planning and completing database administration tasks
- Performing installation, configuration, upgrades and maintenance of Database environments including the related elements of Applications
- Providing support for developers, business users requests and queries
- Conducting performance monitoring/tuning, and capacity monitoring/planning for all database environments
- Performing the security administration function for all database environments
- Ensuring that all database backups are performed successfully
- Being the liaison with software vendors, 3rd party suppliers, business users and IT development
What we expect from you
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in IT Infrastructure
- Excellent working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS 11g/12c/18c running on Linux/Solaris/AIX
- 5+ years of experience on cross platform migration (using ORA2PG), upgrade and transformation
- Solid knowledge of Postgres RDBMS, UNIX Shell Scripting and PL/SQL
- Technical knowledge of: JAVA Technologies (Websphere AS, Tomcat), Database (PostgreSQL, MySQL), WEB Technologies (Apache, Php), Scripting Python and Cryptography
- 3+ years of experience in the financial sector, as a plus
- Experience with Finance systems, data concepts, and business processes, as a plus
- Demonstrating superior collaboration skills
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in German, as a plus
Interested? We should talk!
Starting date: June 2020
Take your chance and apply!