Focus of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to work long term as part of a Managed Service team to support a motor recovery application for a major insurance company. You will need to resolve Incidents and problems raised by the client within agreed service levels as well as total life cycle involvement in any approved changes raised.
What you’ll do:
- Produce IT deliverables to agreed quality standards and timescales in terms of effort and duration.
- Ensure that quality control procedures are performed in accordance with development standards.
- Provide accurate estimates of personal tasks to be fed into higher level plans.
- Ensure that issues which may affect the overall timescales or quality of deliverables are resolved in a timely manner or escalated where appropriate.
- Ensure time sheets are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Progress to life cycle involvement of problem and change solutions from inception through to requirements design, development, test and implementation.
- Assist in the assessment of Change Requests quantifying the impact on the systems affected and the effort estimated to make the change.
- Create and submit Change Definitions Detailed Designs for client sign off.
- Analyse and document defects to agreed quality standards and timescales.
- Peer review of deliverables.
- Provision of out of hours support for release and deployments as well as Bank Holiday on call.
- Take ownership of any Incidents and Problems assigned by the Support Team Lead.
- Effectively communicate with the client to establish the nature of the issue problem change raised and its solution.
- Work collaboratively with the support team members and the client to successfully deliver solutions into each of the application environments.
- Support team members.
- Client contacts specific to the associated application area Measures of Success Initial.
- Ensure that response SLAs are met for Incidents and Problems assigned to you.
- Contribute to the team achieving a customer satisfaction score OTACE of 4 5 Measures of Success
- Progressing to maintain an Average Effort Ticket AET within industry standards for technology stack.
- Create detailed estimates to allow the Team Lead to supply accurate project forecasting.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience or knowledge of procedural programming languages, ideally PLSQL.
- Experience or knowledge of relational databases, ideally Oracle Databases and their constituents.
- A methodical, quality conscious approach to problem solving – the ability to identify a problem and implement the correct business solution as well as an interim workaround for the related issue.
- Enthusiasm to build and maintain productive client relationships and identify and develop opportunities for new business.
- Friendly and personable manner with exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated and well organised with a proactive approach to work.
What you’ll gain:
- Working with core Oracle technologies in particular SQL, PLSQL and Oracle 11g.
- Supporting and developing an Oracle Forms and Reports application.
- Experience in Oracle Databases and their constituents.
- Experience in the TOAD for Oracle, a developer and database administration tool.
- Incident and Problem management skills.
- Developer knowledge and hands on experience of Java.
- The opportunity to become ITIL V4 qualified to Foundation level.
Why we’re different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.