• Provide superior technical security expertise to ensure that the Security Operations Centre (SOC) is always delivering a professional service to its customers
• Conduct detailed analytical queries and investigations, identify areas that require specific attention, identify indicators of compromise (IOC) or events of interest (EOI) that need further investigation and develop use cases and rules to be developed into the SIEM platform
• Develop and improve Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) content and all other technologies used in the team, continually refining the rules and logic to make the detection capabilities more efficient and effective
• Understanding and working knowledge of IPS platforms.
• Create and enhance internal processes and procedures
• Professional communications and reporting to SOC stakeholders and customers
• Act as a mentor and team lead to all First Level Security Analysts, support and supervise them, ensure knowledge transfer within the team
• Deliver qualified information about actual threats and indications, recommendations how the associated risk can be mitigated
• Contribute to the overall performance and success of the Security Operations Centre
• Excellent knowledge of one of the SIEM products – Splunk
• Good knowledge of IPS/IDS
- Knowledge of typical security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, AV and End Point security, Web Application Firewalls, anti-spam systems, event correlation systems, etc.