Security Clearance Requirement: SC Cleared or Clearable
An overview of the role
We require a software developer with strong technology domain experience, and the ability to tackle challenging technical problems. You will be working on exciting projects, working as part of a larger project team. You will be expected to effectively and efficiently design, develop and support software applications to the high quality that is expected from all projects and you will also have direct interaction with our customers.
You will join our Insights and Data Global Practice, working within the Enterprise Content Management team. We are the largest ECM practice in the UK and are currently delivering some of the largest and most complex ECM solutions in the UK. We have an ambition to grow the team throughout 2020 and 2021 focusing on key technologies such as Microsoft SharePoint.
You will work with architects, senior programmers, scrum masters, business analysts, product owners and other internal stakeholders, with key responsibilities including:
- Designing, developing, integrating, testing and debugging modules of code
- Supporting, maintaining and documenting software functionality
- Developing innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Working independently and within a wider team with minimal supervision
- Reviewing, maintaining, and if necessary repairing legacy code
- Integrating new software into the existing solution
- Upgrading the current system to a newer version
- Attending and actively participating in SCRUM ceremonies and events
- Programming experience in C# language
- Experience in the following technologies:
- SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2019
- Azure Dev Ops (TFS)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm