An overview of the role
Working within Capgemini’s Service Management delivery team in the Scottish Highlands delivering services to a UK Public Sector organization, the role of the Service Management Protocol (SMP) team is to create, maintain, retire, and manage SMP(s) on behalf of the Defence Digital (DD), Operational Service Management (OSM) organisation with each of the current Managed Service Providers (MSP) and Third-Party Vendors.
This will include an annual review of all SMP documents for completeness and accuracy.
The role is client facing and may also be required to contribute to the development and deployment of an ITIL aligned process.
Why this role?
As Service Management Protocol Co-Ordinator/Document Controller, your responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
• Produce and maintain the SMP weekly tracker
• Maintain the SMP Team escalation mailboxes
• Produce weekly escalation report
• Produce Ad Hoc reports as required
• Instigate weekly reports and backlog reports from the OSM SMP Authors
• Register agreement and approval documents with Defence Digital SKMS
• Monitor Change Control of SMP(s) to ensure that they appropriately reflect the agreement and any changes that have been agreed
• Attend the weekly Defence Digital service meeting to report on backlogs and issues regarding SMP(s)
• Obtain and send Application Solution Documents to the SMP Authors
• Maintain Annual Service Review dates in the SMP Maintenance Tracker and distribute ASR request to OSM SMP Author(s)
• Act as liaison point with Defence Digital OSM SKMS team
• Issue unique references for SMP(s) to SMP Authors.
As someone with experience in Supplier Management engagement and relationship(s), you will have a general knowledge of desktop products, procurement and operational delivery of services, be a confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and will be able to evidence the below requirements:
• Ability to resolve complex cross stakeholder Problems
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Stakeholder engagement techniques document builds
• Quality documentation and report writing ability and experience of reporting tools
• General management skills (time management, communication skills and staff management)
• Experience of managing meetings and facilitation skills
• Experience of working with Third-Party Vendor suppliers
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification or above
• Knowledge of the use of ServiceNow would be advantageous but not essential.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17