An overview of the role
Working within Capgemini’s Service Management delivery team in the Scottish Highlands delivering services to a UK Public Sector organization, the role of the Service Management Protocol (SMP) team is to create, maintain, retire, and manage SMP(s) on behalf of the Defence Digital (DD), Operational Service Management (OSM) organisation with each of the current Managed Service Providers (MSP) and Third-Party Vendors.
This will include an annual review of all SMP documents for completeness and accuracy.
The role is client facing and may also be required to contribute to the development and deployment of an ITIL aligned process.
Why this role?
As Service Management Protocol Lead, your responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
• Engage and lead all Service Management Protocol (SMP) meetings as required with all parties – Defense Digital (DD), Managed Service Providers (MSP), and Third-Party Vendors
• Develop, create, negotiate and author the Service Management Protocol agreement with any newly identified Service Provider Third-Party Vendor
• Compose initial, update and revise Knowledge Base (KB) article(s) following completion or revision updates of SMP(s)
• Document the Service Provider’s Service Levels for review against OSM Service Levels in order to identify when they do not align
• Maintain Change Control version control and audit requirements of SMP(s) to ensure that they appropriately reflect the agreement and any changes that have been agreed
• With reference to the DD Governance Process manage any SMP issues with best efforts before escalating to DD, OSM Manager
• Arrange and facilitate the Annual Service Review (ASR) with Service Providers as identified by the SMP Documents Controller
• Update baselined SMP as instructed by DD, OSM Manager
• Escalating issues that affect delivery and may impact DD, OSM Service Levels, to the OSM Manager
• Resolving agreement related process issues with Service Providers
• Acting as a point of contact for any queries or issues raised in connection with a SMP
As someone with experience in Supplier Management engagement and relationship(s), you will have a general knowledge of desktop products, procurement and operational delivery of services, be a confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and will be able to evidence the below requirements:
• Ability to resolve complex cross stakeholder Problems
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Stakeholder engagement techniques document builds
• Quality documentation and report writing ability and experience of reporting tools
• General management skills (time management, communication skills and staff management)
• Experience of managing meetings and facilitation skills
• Experience of working with Third-Party Vendor suppliers
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification or above
• Knowledge of the use of ServiceNow would be advantageous but not essential.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.