Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services.
Cloud Infrastructure Services is one of the biggest outsourcing service providers in Poland. Since the establishment of our first service center in Krakow in 2004, it has achieved great success and grown rapidly. In 2006, we opened a second center in Katowice and in 2012 a third center in Opole. Today, our team of 2,000 professionals delivers IT outsourcing services to 40 clients in 20 languages.
CMDB Analyst is a role in Service Integration capability in Project and Consulting service line within Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure Services Eastern Europe.
CMDB Analyst in collaboration with clients supports them in the implementation of Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) process based on Capgemini and industry standards. The role requires thorough business awareness and understanding of implications and accountabilities in wider context within the customer organization.
As a CMDB Analyst you will have an opportunity to work on the interesting and challenging projects, deploying infrastructure & service discovery tools with the supporting framework. You will be building CMDB data model adjusted to the business requirements. You may also take part in service audits as part of the pre-sales and implementation process, trend analysis, SACM health checks and execution of the Service Improvement activities.
- Execute the discovery process and leverage capabilities of automatic discovery tools,
- Analyse and reconcile discovery tools data before loading to CMDB,
- Ensure that any related services provided by multiple service towers have been integrated in the Service Integration SACM process model,
- Understand Cloud services like Amazon or Azure and discovery tools,
- Produce project documentation and supporting materials to the required standard,
- Create CMDB data models based on the business requirements and architecture of IT platforms that support business services,
- Oversee deployment of CMDB in ITSM toolsets (ServiceNow Discovery, BMC ADDM) and cooperate with the tool developers,
- Create quality work instructions, training materials and actively participate in the trainings of the client’s resources,
- Create test scripts and oversee the tool testing and UAT activities,
- Provide ‘Early Life Support’ – delivering Service Integration SACM services and handing over support to the future delivery teams.
- 2+ years of hands on experience in IT Service Management design, transition or operations,
- Understanding of IT Service Management concepts underpinned by formal ITIL certification,
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate – as a must,
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders,
- Strong verbal and writing skills in order to effectively communicate information to clients and internal team members,
- Understanding of how business processes are supported by technology,
- Awareness of a number of service management tools such as Service Now and BMC’s IT Service Management (ITSM),
- Awareness of Agile methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details,
- Experienced in IT Asset Management Lifecycle processes (including hardware and software),
- Experienced in Configuration Management process,
- Experienced in the technologies that support SACM including auto-discovery tooling,
- Experienced in using configuration management databases, understanding of data model concept and CMDB architecture,
- Experienced with interpreting data models and designing reports,
- Advanced MS Excel and basic MS Access, SQL,
- Experienced in the use of KPIs to track trends and identify problems before they occur,
- Understanding of Service Asset Financials.
- Ability to Travel: up to 25%+ travelling to EU (weekends at home), also team members can join projects in USA/ Canada/ regions outside UE.
An advantage would be:
- ITIL Intermediate
- Related certifications: PMP, SCRUM, Agile, etc.
What we offer
- You will work in multinational, stable company for c.a. 100 Blue Chip Clients– known, global brands, supported by 6000 professionals in 30 languages,
- You will gain space to fulfill your ambitions and develop your career, opportunity to take part in transition projects. We operate according to Lean and Kaizen,
- You will choose your career path (experts or managers) – you will work among professionals (over 900). We will support you to gain knowledge (20 000 online trainings and in class) and get certified (e.g. ITIL, Vmware, Citrix, Oracle Database). You will have the opportunity to take part in coaching programs and develop your knowledge in experts communities,
- You will work in line with high, international work standards and you will have an opportunity to engage in CSR initiatives,
- You will be appreciated for your results and professionalism – based on clear rules of promotion. Our company applies a wide choice of perks (free private medical care for you and your family, additional life insurance). We help to keep right proportions between your work and private life (Business Parent Program),
- As a disabled person you will get professional support. We are open to provide assistive technologies for people with diverse disabilities. We care about inclusion and equal rights approach. We conduct disability awareness trainings. Join our Win with Capgemini Program for people with disabilities.