Why this role?
The services we create with our clients are often transformational – the solution may not be obvious, and we need a service designer who can make sense where there is very little framework or direction. This may mean resetting the direction for a project or asking fundamental questions.
You will need to be comfortable facilitating workshops with senior stakeholders, managing and undertaking research with users and express your ideas and insights using personas, prototypes, user journeys and service blueprints.
You’ll be experienced:
- Working with clients to understand their needs, communicate how our team can help them and design a solution to realise their ambition
- Have an understanding and experience in user research methods. You know when to use those methods and how to apply them correctly
- Planning and conducting behavioural in-context user testing and document the findings
- Providing evidence-based recommendations to the client and internal team and turn insights into opportunities for cost reduction, revenue generation or other business value
- Applying technical knowledge and experience to build prototypes and work with other specialists to do so you have a broad understanding of parameters, technical restrictions
- Facilitating workshops with stakeholders, users and technical team to drive consensus around the service vision
- Giving support and leadership to the delivery team to take a holistic service design approach
- Helping drive the Experience Design team’s vision and direction
As an experienced member of the team, you will make a positive impact on the quality of our offer by delivering the service design activity on critical projects. You will also help mentor and support other members of the team and contribute to the development of our strategy.
We are looking for individuals who have experience with:
- Experience working for a consulting firm or agency
- Experience working with government — delivering within the Government Service Standard and managing GDS assessments is highly desirable
- Experience planning, conducting and analysing outputs from user research
- Degree preferred within a design-related or HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology discipline
- Candidates must be versed in user-centred design methods and techniques
- Excellence in analytical thinking, process-oriented skills, verbal and written skills
- Experience in working within an Agile manner within a commercial environment
- Ability to work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams, multi-vendor teams
- Keen to learn, evolve, and continually challenge yourself and the way you do things
- Good project case studies/portfolio (web-link or PDF) outlining your contribution towards each project (all submissions treated with the strictest confidence)
Professional development. Accelerated career progression and an environment that encourages the entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And, although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals – you will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm
An overview of the role
We are looking for a straight thinking Service Design Consultant to join the award-winning Digital Experience team within Capgemini.
This role is dynamic and hands-on. You will be expected to support our delivery through user-centred design methods: translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into world-class services for leading companies and government.