An overview of the role
The SD&I Manager sits in the Service Integrator tower. The role is responsible for ensuring the requirements of operations are represented throughout the project lifecycle and that the projects deliverables are therefore supportable and robust following implementation into the production environment.
• Review Service Impact Assessment and ensure the deliverables are in alignment with contractual obligations.
• Design and document the Service ensuring it is fit for purpose for Service Operations and SLA’s
• Reviewing processes and procedures ensuring they are fit for Service.
• Confirm with Service Portfolio Management that modified or new services need reviewing.
• Ensuring that operational service requirements are articulated and delivered by the Project Manager
• Acting as single point of contact for operational services and Project Managers during all project phases
• Ensuring the Service SD&I Quality Gate process is adhered to, providing support/advice to stakeholders
• Providing status reporting on projects from a Service SD&I perspective.
• Ensuring assessment of the risks to operational support environments has taken place.
• Ensuring operational support teams have been fully engaged and are able to support the required services.
• Ensuring that Architecture, Security and cross tower support functions have been engaged (e.g., Capacity Management, Availability Management) to validate the solution will meet operational requirements
• Ensuring Early Life Support has been planned
• Providing a pre-production support “Escalation” point
• Ensuring that evidence is collected as required for the Quality Gate Reviews and stored on the central Client repository
Why this role?
We are leading a transformation of our client’s move to the new digital technology and support, which you will play a big part in by coordinating activities to ensure our technology teams receive effective handovers from Project managers and their teams to Operational Support Departments, playing a key part in the approval process to ensure and enable the functions to provide the on-going support in live post-delivery.
Part of the role will be to ensure the effective handover, this could mean you performing requirement gathering, arranging service design approval, compiling risk assessments, process gap analysis, the coordination of training activities, documentation sign off, facilitating and enabling decision making, coordinating Early Life Support and tracking Service Acceptance Criteria.
The role will largely be working from home but flexibility is required to work on site as required.
Being a self-starter, proactive, self-motivated and a personable individual you will be responsible for ensuring the Service Design & Introduction process is carried out for any new or changing services being delivered into our client, following the SD&I process.
Having strong planning and communication skills, you will be working closely with projects and all areas of the organisation.
• Experience of leading service design and introduction process in an ITIL based environment.
• ITIL Certified
• Have proven experience in an environment where PRINCE/AGILE project management
• Managing relationships with internal business stakeholders up to Director level
• A background in coordinating activities within a large infrastructure services organisation.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.