Any UK Base
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is one of the leading Application Services providers globally and is a major player in the UK across all key sectors such as Government, Aerospace & Defence, Manufacturing, Consumer Products, Retail, Energy and Utilities.
The Application Services Practice focusses on major UK clients, on a global basis, to support, maintain and enhance their Application & Infrastructure landscapes. We support some of the largest installations of Business Applications such as SAP & Oracle as well as some of the most agile platforms on Salesforce.com or a plethora of Open Source applications.
Our Application Service exploits some of the latest market technologies & methods around Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Collaboration, Process Mining, DevOps, Agile, etc. and you will be part of the team that helps customers to keep one step ahead of their competition.
The focus of your role
Our Service Delivery Managers take responsibility and accountability for the delivery of engagements that are either pure ‘application support’ or, increasingly, ‘whole life’ annuity type deals which can include application development, cloud management, consultancy, and third party sub-contractors. We include a strong focus on delivering ‘value-add’ to our clients – ‘just’ delivering the contracted service and meeting the SLA’s is not sufficient in todays’ market. Understanding the clients’ business and challenges and bringing solutions to them to improve their P&L is the type of Service required and Capgemini, as a global provider, has a wide range of capabilities and solutions we can use to support our clients.
Our Service Delivery Managers work on a range of roles – either managing one engagement end to end, a portfolio of engagements, or the ongoing service within a larger ‘Country’ deal, any of which can be delivered purely out of the UK or, more normally, in conjunction with our Indian teams.
What you’ll do
Our Service Delivery Managers are key to sustaining our business growth through world class service delivery, service innovation and continual service improvement, in line with our global “ADMNext” Go to Market offer. The ability to deliver significant improvements in the service is expected, as is the ability to build strong client relationships and expand the account footprint, working closely with the Account Manager. Key elements of the role include –
- Building a strong and trusted relationship with your client(s)
- Delivering the contracted service to the highest standard
- Drive onsell, innovation, and continuous service improvement as part of ‘BAU’ delivery.
- Maintain a close awareness of your client(s) challenges and bottlenecks and leverage your network back to the wider Capgemini teams to bring the clients new propositions to assist them developing their business outside the scope of the sold engagement
- Manage the Engagement Financials and other appropriate KPIs to agreed targets
- Build and develop your team as part of your role
What you’ll bring
- Management resilience – strong client management skills, the ability to face off to board members, stakeholder management at all levels, internally and externally
- Leadership and management of teams
- People Management– performance management, career development and mentoring
- Financial Management & Account Growth – have commercial acumen and be able to evidence profit & loss accountability – have a demonstrable track record of achieving account growth – crafting and agreeing change controls, tangible service improvements, engaging Sales to pursue opportunities
- Risk and Issue Management – have active experience of service risk and issue management
- Contract management – to ensure Capgemini delivers the agreed service. Ability to manage their client’s satisfaction without compromising Capgemini’s contractual and commercial position. Contributing to the creation of new contracts.
- Delivery models–Have experience or demonstrate an understanding of the following delivery models;
- Engagement Management of a single, medium-large client engagement
- Multi- client delivery model
- Offshore delivery
- Aptitude and enthusiasm– we are shaping a multi-year ‘annuity’ business to fit our clients needs in a rapidly changing market – we need SDMs who want to think out of the box, and well beyond ‘delivering the SLAs and contract’ into the broader area of providing a different, leading edge service, that spans, potentially, all of the Capgemini disciplines appropriate to the client.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs. UK-wide mobility is expected, but we will make every effort to minimise travel and working away from home.
Find out more and apply