Title : Service Delivery Director
Experience : 20+ years
Graduation : B. E [Any]
Post Graduaton: Any
Senior Service Delivery Manager
Service Delivery Manager oversees a number of key functions that enable the delivery of a high quality service to end users, and to ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. SDM need to establish and manage expectations within the business and drive the IT team to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
- Maintain high performing service support functions to ensure service availability
- Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- As owner of the escalation process the Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review.
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
- Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimized and agreed
- Should be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, and quality and processes major changes will be discussed with the post holder.
Performance & Quality
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely m
- Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance
- Effectively deliver/manage Staff Management including recruitment, mentoring, training, target setting and performance assessment
- Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments
Qualities and Skills required Essential
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- A passion for Service Improvement
- Experienced Service Management professional
- Previous experience as a Team Lead or demonstrable experience in leading virtual teams
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to support and mentor junior staff
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Able to manage and prioritize and tasks and time efficiently
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily task.