Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Job Title: Server Side Java Scala developer
Location: REMOTE during COVID (Client location Montreal)
WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER LOCALLY BASED CANDIDATES IN CANADA
Description of Role:
- This position is for a mid-level Java Scala Server side developer for the Trade Flow Analysis Team in the Institutional Securities Technology.
- The team develops technology solutions and analytics tools for the Institutional Equity Sales and Trading businesses across the Cash Programs Derivatives and Electronic Trading desks.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing enhancing re-engineering maintaining the TFA applications used by the front office Sales and Trading desks.
- The candidate will contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design of the application and developing testing and deploying the code.
- Through their work and interactions with team members and users they will gain an understanding of the business with respect to the Institutional Equity Division.
- An ideal candidate will demonstrate excitement for new technology and an eagerness to learn and should be a self-starter with strong analytical problem solving and communication skills.
- They should be able to handle competing demands on time and manage their own work to deadlines.
- They should be a team player and have the ability to work collaboratively with teams across geographical areas.
- Strong Java developer 8 and beyond with 5 years’ experience who has good grasp of functional programming Experience in using Spring Containers with Spring Boot for enterprise applications.
- Experience in building data intensive real time applications and scaling of applications multithreading performance maintainability and robustness.
- Working experience on XML JSON SOAP REST Services.
- Basic knowledge on UNIX shell scripting and RDBMS like Sybase Skills.
- Desired Experience in Java frameworks for Distributed Architecture eg Kafka Hazelcast.
- Experience with Scala Experience in Python Understanding of cloud based technologies.
- Experience is using GIT for source control management and Automated Build Deployment tools eg Jenkins
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law