Senior UX Designer
We are looking for a talented Senior UX Designer to be the specialist who knows everything about how to deliver a great UX, from planning and conducting research to crafting design principles, personas, scenarios, concepts and prototypes.
Idean is a global experience design agency with Scandinavian roots, operating in the realms of design, technology and business. We believe that companies need to transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We create products and services from scratch as well as elevating already existing experiences.
Our design team is an incredibly talented bunch of curious and caring thinkers, makers and doers. The team consists of people with a background in service design, UX, visual design, and frontend development as well as VR/AR. We know that unicorns don’t exist, but we do like hybrid designers who can rock multiple design tasks but have particular strengths in and passion for one or two areas.
Idean is part of Capgemini, and some of our projects are joint efforts with our extended family and some are Idean solo teams, delivered both from our studio and in project teams at our clients. Read more about us at Idean at www.idean.com
In this role you will
- Be responsible for key design deliverables across different stages of the design process, from research and insight generation to concept creation and delivery of detailed design to development teams.
- Plan and facilitate user research and testing of prototypes or products and services.
- Convincingly communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design and design principles, both verbally and visually.
- Use a variety of methods to communicate ideas and concepts (e.g. personas, storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc), and you’ll use your communication skills to inspire and bring ideas to life.
- Construct quick interactive prototypes with a realistic feel of the intended user experience.
- Mentor and elevate other people in design thinking, both junior colleagues and other creatives and client stakeholders who are new to design.
- 7+ years of UX / Interaction Design experience and a have portfolio that shows your experience in designing products and services for various different platforms & devises
Experience designing from a WCAG and web accessibility perspective
- Experience developing and working with a design system
- Experienced in planning and facilitating the design process, i.e. planning and executing research and co-creation activities, leading workshops, ideation sessions and design sprints
- Experienced in translating research into UX concepts, information architecture, design principles, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Strong ability to communicate design decisions, concepts and ideas convincingly while being able to take in feedback and wisely choose what and how to improve your work
- Experience working with agile methodologies such as scrum and SAFE
- Experience leading and mentoring junior designers in project delivery
- Eagerness to learn and grow as well as contribute to internal learning and sharing activities
- Fluent in English and Swedish (We have global clients where English is the norm and clients in the Public sector where Swedish is a must
To stand out
- You are skilled in quantitative data collection and analysis, “telling the story of the data” and informing strategy, design and business decisions
- Experience in designing for e-commerce
- Visual/ technical/ service design skills
- You have experience from and enjoy crafting client pitches and scoping projects together with business developers and design leads
You may not have all the experience listed and you may also have other skills and qualifications. Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. We hope in listing what we’re looking for we give you a good understanding of what the role might be, rather than deterring you. We are very curious to meet you and open for you to prove us wrong!
How we work
- We work together with our clients. They bring a deep understanding of their brand, users, culture and ways of working. We bring the wider lens of the big perspective and the deep know-how established from working with other clients and on other problems in all industries both locally and globally. We rarely go away to work for ourselves without our client being heavily involved. We just don’t believe that way of working creates enough value for them, us or the users.
- We don’t separate between strategy and execution. We see that they are both essential in creating great experiences and value to customers, users, employees and the business. We work on everything from framing the strategic problems and vision to designing, building and shipping products. We deliver projects from our studios as well as from client locations and infuse established client product teams with small teams or individual design expertise.
- A totally awesome, multidisciplinary and talented team to grow with
- A competitive salary and pension plan, including a comprehensive health and wellness program and recreational benefits
- Exciting assignments in a large variety of industries, small and big organizations
- A creative environment from a beautiful studio in central Malmö
- Regular team knowledge sharing sessions and social happenings – team breakfasts, AWs and fika
- The comfort and safety of a big and established organization
- An inspiring international network of experts in design and a range of other fields within Idean and Capgemini as well as global experiences to build from (including Frog, Altran, Invent, Fahrenheit 212, Purpose etc.)
- …and multiple other benefits
Send in your application as soon as possible. We will assess and interview candidates continuously and close the process as soon as we have found the right candidate